Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Can u suggest an area in rbs alef?!

zebra111

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:08 am
Hi,
Looking to check out if rbs could be a match for what we are searching for leaving the big city..
Are there particular areas I can check out that:
~Arent totally anglo
~Are, I guess, yeshivish (no movies for kids ever, boys in black and white, girls in tights from 3)
~Working men who are serious about learning too
~Kids who tend to go to the same schools (ie that my kids will be neighbours with their classmates)
~cottagim with a garden, at least 5/6rooms

Does such a place exist?!

I prefer the neighbourhood as a whole to be mixed rather than a homogenous group, but do want close neighbours to be similar hashkafically so I can feel ok about my kids playing out. Does this sound possible in rbs alef?
We have checked around in gimmel but were put off by the massiveness of it, big buildings crowded together.
Alef seemed more spread out but havent seen it properly..

Any help much appreciated!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:50 am
You can look into streets like kishon, Uriah, or sorek. There is a community around there

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:52 am
That exists here in Agan Ha’ayalot. But the large diras are expensive and possibly hard to come by. They are the large ground floor and duplexes.

zebra111

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:54 am
Great thanks!
We actually checked out agan haayalot and were very close to buying there (whole other story!) but having been back there recently I find its getting a crowded feel. Also not such a varied community. Is this right?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:03 am
It’s varied in Sefardi/Ashkenazi/Belz/Anglo. Sometimes those are mixed as well.
If they would bother building decent parks and big enough school buildings then the population an location may match.
The buildings are mostly 3-5 floors. Mostly 4-6 rooms.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:08 am
I love it here. Frum, but very diverse at the same time. All the kids I've seen around here seem very nice. There used to be a lot of tension between the Aleph and Bet communities, but that has settled down and everyone is getting along nicely. I'm dati leumi, and I have never felt unwelcome in any area.

Contact Barbara at Lemkin Realty and tell her Yocheved on Nachal Dolev sent you. She does both sales and rentals, and she's known the area for over 30 years. She will hold your hand the whole way, and she earns every penny of her commission.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:08 pm
~Arent totally anglo
~Are, I guess, yeshivish (no movies for kids ever, boys in black and white, girls in tights from 3)
~Working men who are serious about learning too
~Kids who tend to go to the same schools (ie that my kids will be neighbours with their classmates)
~cottagim with a garden, at least 5/6rooms

from this list, I have to say that the Kishon/Sorek/Uriah area as someone else mentioned sounds absolutely perfect. We are in a mixed not-totally-anglo area, our building is about half and half. The no movies, black and white, and tights from 3 sounds exactly like where we are, and our family (my DH) definitely qualifies as "working men who are serious about learning too" although honestly we are in the minority and I would guess that slightly more than half the men are in kollel. And I do know two non-chareidi people in the area, but the overwhelming majority are some kind of chareidi. Regarding schools I can't speak for boys as I only have a girl, but the default is to send to local ganim, same as where neighbors are sending, and then for girls to go to the same Bais Yaakov together, unless they go to the private more yeshivish one (Darche Rochel). Feel free to PM me with any questions, and if you're going to move here we would love to have you for a Shabbos seuda!

zebra111

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:09 pm
That is so sweet of u thankyou!!
I'll definately be checking out the area..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions