Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Anyone stayed with bunch of leftovers?

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:02 pm
My family just didn't eat this yom tov! Made so much food. The two little ones were asleep by time night meals came around. Others were too tired to eat at night or just did me favor to eat etc....

You people are right! Too much food....

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:09 pm
Freezer!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:14 pm
We have a little here and there that we're happy to use up. Pastrami roast, cabbage and noodles and cheesecake are treats as leftovers.

drelie

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:17 pm
A neighbor and I swapped leftovers. Now we each have new exciting food as opposed to eating the same things again!

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:18 pm
drelie wrote:
A neighbor and I swapped leftovers. Now we each have new exciting food as opposed to eating the same things again!

Smart!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:20 pm
After heating up my food 2x and thinking that it was starting to look dried out.,, AND being that I was really tired of all the food.,, I threw it out! Honestly, we are not garbage cans either!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:22 pm
I stuck the leftover minute roast into the freezer. It will be more appreciated as a main addition on a Friday night.

Milchig leftovers went for today's lunch.

Some odds and ends of kugel, potatoes, a bit of roasted veggies....probably DH will eat those.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:28 pm
I threw the stuff that was dried out. Saved for supper the food that's still good. Tonight I have a wedding so won't be cooking fresh, my family will have to eat the leftovers. Tomorrow, I'm out at a different event so they will get the dairy stuff that stayed.

The problem was that I was away, there wasn't too much freezer space there, so everything got defrosted in fridge. When I am home, I can control more what food to take out of freezer. If at next meal, we didnt use up food from prior meal it can stay in freezer still.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:37 pm
It was a 3 day yom tov and I had family staying with me the whole time so I cooked too much to accommodate different tastes. Monday lunch I served some of the leftovers and we'll eat the dairy leftovers for dinner tonight. I invited some other family to help eat meat leftovers tomorrow night and the rest will go into the freezer.

My mom always calculated how much she thought we would eat so there wouldn't be leftovers and that always left me feeling hungry because I felt I couldn't take seconds. I would rather cook extra so people can feel comfortable taking what they want and so I don't have to cook the next day after a yom tov.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:51 pm
We stayed with just enough for dinner for today!

Oh and some cheesecake and milchig goodies. But that is something that will not stay for too long, trust us on that one.

And a little bit of fish that I ate for breakfast.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:52 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
After heating up my food 2x and thinking that it was starting to look dried out.,, AND being that I was really tired of all the food.,, I threw it out! Honestly, we are not garbage cans either!

No option of freezing instead of tossing it?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:59 pm
I'm on a super limited budget right now. My neighbors across the hall brought me their leftovers, and I am extremely grateful. They are Moroccan, and their food is amazing!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:02 pm
Nothing! Only a single portion of dairy and a single portion of chicken and sides that I'll give to my baby for dinner.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:09 pm
I stuck everything back in the freezer after it was served. Only have last day meal left for tonight supper.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:17 pm
Kids gave their father most of the leftovers and I have some packed for lunch for the remainder of the week. So really, no leftovers here 😄😄

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:21 pm
Didn't cook a ton.
Have three pieces of chicken. A little pulled emat. And some veggies and chicken soup.
Milchigs: maybe two portions of baked ziti.

So happy I don't have a lot!

Stars

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:24 pm
I guess I'm lucky my family is happy to eat knishes and good meats for the 4th day in a row. Items that freeze well went straight to the freezer. I hardly have to cook for this shabbos.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:12 pm
Why is everybody so thrilled with no leftovers left? Do all of you actually long to put your apron on and start cooking again after all the kvetching before the chag how much work it is. And then you kvetch because of leftovers? I don't get it. Scratching Head
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics