Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
PA community for just plain frum

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:02 am
Are there any PA communities that would be a good fit for someone just plain frum but leans towards the yeshivish side? For example girls wear skirts at 3, cover elbows at 6, eat cholov yisroel, wear a black hat etc... Looking to hear more about the elementary school options and shuls in the different communities.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:06 am
Philadelphia?

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:24 am
I’ve heard good things about Rhawnhurst, but haven’t personally been there. (We considered it at one point.)

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:40 am
Rhawnhurst would be the best place for you, but just FYI, especially if you’re coming from NY/Lakewood area, what you’re describing is straight up yeshivish, not JPF. You would be holding a lot stricter than many people in that area. Just a heads up, if that bothers you. PA is a big mix and very OOT. No one cares what you do, but there will be lots of people who hold differently than you.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:59 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Rhawnhurst would be the best place for you, but just FYI, especially if you’re coming from NY/Lakewood area, what you’re describing is straight up yeshivish, not JPF. You would be holding a lot stricter than many people in that area. Just a heads up, if that bothers you. PA is a big mix and very OOT. No one cares what you do, but there will be lots of people who hold differently than you.

I’m not an OOter but I agree that the way you describe yourself sounds yeshivish to me. You may get more targeted responses if you retitle the post

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:25 am
We are not really considered yeshivish by any yeshivish community. We watch tv and movies, read secular books, go to mixed water parks etc... the only thing that makes us look somewhat yeshivish is our dress and kashrus. We haven't been happy in stringent communities, and I really don't want to move to one. I don't think we would be happy in a mo community either so I was hoping there is one that is closer to yeshivish than mo but not really yeshivish.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:33 am
Bala cynwyd/lower merion. It's a much bigger community and more expensive than the northeast. There is a huge mix of people. Many are similar to what you described.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:58 pm
Hi,
I live in Bala Cywyd/Lower Marion. It is an amazing community! There are all types here and people do not judge and mix well. There is a Kollel if that is where you will fit best, but the two other main shuls also have yeshivish families. I would encourage you to come for a shabbos and explore if this is something you are interested in.

The northeast is another neighborhood in Philadelphia that is cheaper than Lower Marion and might be a bit more yeshivish. For more info on the northeast community: https://www.biozshul.org/move-.....=true

miry1

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:34 pm
What about Cherry Hill? It's not in PA but it's about a 15 minute drive. I have heard nice things about the community and that it is growing, has a mix of people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating