Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Uptown #6 train Broadway-Lafayette St / Bleecker St Station?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:21 am
syrima wrote:
I recently was trying to switch from the 6 to the F there and ended up paying twice because the signs were sooo confusing! Banging head Banging head

I thought I followed the signs for the Uptown 6 and instead I ended up on the Downtown D platform (the opposite direction, wrong train). I ended up going BACK to the Uptown D platform and taking the Uptown D til Rockefeller Center, then I walked to the Madison Avenue bus. Ill probably do the same if I dont spot an escalator next time.

Something is very wrong there, and unfortunately theres no other way to go to the Upper East Side without changing trains twice.

chaya35

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont remember seeing an escalator at Broadway Lafayette, only stairs.

When I get off the Manhattan bound D train at Broadway Lafayette, I walk towards the back of the train (towards the last car), and Ill see an escalator that takes me to the Uptown 6 platform?

Definitely no elevator needed?

Thanks.

Yes. Did this yesterday walk to the end of the station and there is an escalator there.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont remember seeing an escalator at Broadway Lafayette, only stairs.

When I get off the Manhattan bound D train at Broadway Lafayette, I walk towards the back of the train (towards the last car), and Ill see an escalator that takes me to the Uptown 6 platform?

Definitely no elevator needed?

Thanks.

Correct.
If you did not see escalator on the uptown B/D/F/M platform then you either didn't walk far enough or you were walking the wrong way. It is ALLLLLL the way at the end.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:04 pm
Thanks all. I found it. The escalator was hidden behind the elevator.

Thanks again.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries