Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for MO girls-only school in Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:58 pm
Need a MO girls only school in Brooklyn for a mid elementary aged girl. We are an Ashkenaz family if that matters. Is the only school that fits this criteria Shulamit? Anything else? And if you do or did send to Shulamit can you tell me your thoughts?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:10 pm
Yes, Shulamith is pretty much the only option for a girls only MO school in Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Yes, Shulamith is pretty much the only option for a girls only MO school in Brooklyn

Thank you. Do you have any information?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:17 pm
I don't send there. People are saying it's very academic, ivrit beivrit. I think it's smaller now, since they moved from Flatbush to Manhattan beach.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:20 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I don't send there. People are saying it's very academic, ivrit beivrit. I think it's smaller now, since they moved from Flatbush to Manhattan beach.

I’ve heard that years ago they were very academic but the community and crowd changed and the school isn’t as academic to meet the needs of the current student body. They’ve relaxed while still providing a good education. Just wondering if anyone currently sends and has up to date info. Does the school still teach ivrit bivrit?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:17 am
You could also look into Prospect. It's to the right of Shulamit, but depending on your personal practices and comfort level, could be an alternative worth checking out if for any reason Shulamit doesn't work out for you.

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:02 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
You could also look into Prospect. It's to the right of Shulamit, but depending on your personal practices and comfort level, could be an alternative worth checking out if for any reason Shulamit doesn't work out for you.

I wouldn’t consider it MO - definitely not in hashkafah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics