Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Chassidim making aliya
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:23 pm
We are a chassidish family with kids in all ages from teens to newborn baby. We're thinking of making aliya. No parental support and no degree in anything. What should we expect?

ichbingreit

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:28 pm
bump, young couple here with a baby

Rappel

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:44 pm
Is it possible that most people whom integrated into Israeli hassidic life don't use the internet, so they're not here to give you your needed advice?

Perhaps pm blessedjmom. Iymnok and Witchkitty may also be able to help steer you.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:59 pm
Op, I think the first thing you should post is what chassidus you are.
Depending on that is usually where you're going to live, schooling, and even financial living standards.

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are a chassidish family with kids in all ages from teens to newborn baby. We're thinking of making aliya. No parental support and no degree in anything. What should we expect?

I have friends that have made aliyah with situation. Perhaps you should speak to families that have done it. Hindsight is often 20 20.
You can pm for contact info of a friend that did it.. I'll ask, but I think she's be more than glad to help out.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:03 pm
OP here. Thank you all for trying to help. As for being Chassidim living in eretz yisroel I couldn't have said it better than top mom said it thank you Smile. Not all Chassidim are against the medina even if we don't send our children to serve in the IDF. We dont belong to a certain chassidus mammesh and we'd like to settle where our kids can learn in Yiddish and have Chasidish American friends ( if there's such a place).
It has occured to me that maybe there aren't enough Chassidim with internet to help me Smile but was trying to see if it is even possible to get an idea.
Thank you blessedjmom that is very sweet and I might pick up on the offer at a later date Smile

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:55 pm
If you move to a more European neighborhood like Romema, you may find many English/Yiddish speaking families you can relate to.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 12:51 am
Thank you tigerwife will look into that Smile

forgetit

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 12:53 am
I have many chassidish cousins in Beitar, but I think they tend to speak English over Yiddish.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:12 am
No degree, ok, but what is your profession?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:40 am
If you are from a Chassidus that has a large presence in E"Y, then try to go to one of those communities or one that is similar. There are many Belz and Gerrer communities, Karlin, and others. They often start a Kehilla in a farther out place to keep the prices affordable. Since they are the only chareidi presence, they establish their own schools. If you are fluent in Yiddish, any of these could work for you. (I think Ger uses more Ivrit, though).

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:29 am
Iymnok wrote:
(I think Ger uses more Ivrit, though).

This is true, I live beside a Ger kollel and they only speak Hebrew among themselves, on the phone etc. In any case, I think anyone living in Ey should know how to speak Hebrew, even if they choose not to use it in daily life

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 3:09 am
I'm chasidish and I made aliya recently. What is it that you want to know?
How old are your kids? Romema area is rather expensive, but you will have a lot English around you. Bet shemesh has also lot's of Americans but I don't think your kids will have in school lot's of chasidish friends that talk English. My kids love it here. They talk jiddish with their friends.
I think that until you figure where to go and you get your kids accepted in schools you should send them to learn Hebrew. It's very important. (I didn't send my dd because she is young and doesn't need it in the jiddish speaking gan).
A lot of schools finish very early, so some kids go to tsaharon right after school.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:29 am
You post is too vague to get help
How chasdish are you?
What chassidus?
What kind of yeshiva or schools do you need near you?
What is your parnassah?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 6:00 am
I would only consider it if you are coming with enough parnassa for it to take at least a year for you/your husband to get a job.
Beitar has a lot of Chassidim and a lot of Americans and is cheaper than Yerushalyim.

mochamix18

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 6:10 am
tigerwife wrote:
If you move to a more European neighborhood like Romema, you may find many English/Yiddish speaking families you can relate to.

Second this. Romema would very possibly a good fit for you

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 6:10 am
Contact Finallyamommy. She and her DH are chassidish, and made Aliyah. They have a 3yo daughter.

Beit Shemesh Gimmel, Gimmel 2, and the soon to be constructed Daled are all chassidish. Gimmel and Gimmel 2 are almost exclusively Yiddish speaking. (I know, because every time I get lost down there and try to ask directions, I only get Yiddish.)

The new housing in Gimmel is GORGEOUS, and very affordable right now. Certain chassidish groups are buying blocks of apartment buildings, so that all of the neighbors will be on the same page. I think it's a great idea for those who want a very specific flavor, and want to be sure who their kids are playing with. Of course the corresponding shuls will be on every block, and parks on every corner. They are expanding a lot of bus routes down there, too. There are bus lines that run straight to Jerusalem quite often.

I know an amazing real estate/rental agent. PM me if you want to know more.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 6:31 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Contact Finallyamommy. She and her DH are chassidish, and made Aliyah. They have a 3yo daughter.

Beit Shemesh Gimmel, Gimmel 2, and the soon to be constructed Daled are all chassidish. Gimmel and Gimmel 2 are almost exclusively Yiddish speaking. (I know, because every time I get lost down there and try to ask directions, I only get Yiddish.)

The new housing in Gimmel is GORGEOUS, and very affordable right now. Certain chassidish groups are buying blocks of apartment buildings, so that all of the neighbors will be on the same page. I think it's a great idea for those who want a very specific flavor, and want to be sure who their kids are playing with. Of course the corresponding shuls will be on every block, and parks on every corner. They are expanding a lot of bus routes down there, too. There are bus lines that run straight to Jerusalem quite often.

I know an amazing real estate/rental agent. PM me if you want to know more.

I live in G2. There is an interesting mix of chasidish. Chasidish anglo and litvish anglos here.
G1 has no chasidim at all.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:58 am
Thank you all.
We are very chassidish
No specific parnasa. He'll work in anything aside from chinuch.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all.
We are very chassidish
No specific parnasa. He'll work in anything aside from chinuch.

I strongly recommend your husband decides what his profession is (how are you supporting yourselves now?) and it may also be necessary for you to work too. Being a sahm is a luxury few can afford here.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions