Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seeking advice regarding my son-Sorry, Long
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:15 pm
Thank you everyone for the good wishes for my son. A few months ago he was facing pressure from the hanhalah about his choice, but now I think they are used to it. The boys who were pressuring or criticizing his choice also mostly stopped.

amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Are you the same OP as the 'how much say does the principal' have thread? I was actually speaking to someone on Shabbos who mentioned that she's considering 'Yeshiva B' for her son and was shocked when I told her how strongly the school feels against it.

I'm not the OP of that thread and can't find it now. I myself was surprised by the school's reaction because Yeshiva B is not brand new and as far as I know families from my son's school who've sent their sons in previous years have not elicited this reaction. (Though of course the hanhalah was not happy about it before either). Maybe now that Yeshiva B is several years old parents who would not have considered it before are doing so now.

Assuming that we are talking about the same schools here, if your friend sends her older son to Yeshiva B, she should be prepared to make alternate schooling arrangements for her other children in the Yeshiva A system.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:17 pm
the other op said her younger kids were kicked out because her older son was going to yeshiva b. Op do you have younger kids?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:52 pm
I was interested to read this thread, since I am the OP of that thread.
My kids still do not have schools for next year.
The other school in town doesn't want to get involved .
Good luck op!

ETA- how did your son handle the hanhala bashing school/town B?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:51 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I was interested to read this thread, since I am the OP of that thread.
My kids still do not have schools for next year.
The other school in town doesn't want to get involved .
Good luck op!

ETA- how did your son handle the hanhala bashing school/town B?

OP here. I just read through your thread. I think I read the beginning before but not the whole thing. We're definitely talking about the same Yeshiva A and B. I am horrified and so sorry you are going through this.

Have you considered any of the schools in Town B for your other children? One elementary school there is not so different from the other school here in Town A. Town B has a girls' high school also. Both of these schools have a number of students from Town A.

As far as the hanhala bashing town B, my son was used to it and basically ignored it because he knew it wasn't true. I was more worried that it would leave him uncomfortable with his Rebbe and/or class. And that was true for one Rebbe and a number of classmates. But Thank G-d other Rebbeim and friends he is close to supported his choice. Also it may have helped that the other Yeshiva he was considering is one the hanhala likes even less than Yeshiva B.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics