Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
"they send them back with car services"
1  2  Next

itsmeima

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:12 pm
I saw this comment on VIN News:

"it's important for the readers to understand the situation. I am on the board of one of the schools that were closed. The schools are trying very hard to comply with the vaccination requirements. on the other hand, the phobic, conspiracists parents are fighting the schools with a fanatic ignorance. the school sends home the kids, they send them back with car services. And the game goes on and on, sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day.

these anti-vaccinators are determined to fight the schools (can't fight the gov, so take it out on the school) until the school will break to pressure. We need to know what we are dealing with." (Source: https://www.vosizneias.com/324.....rder/)

Do parents seriously send their kids to school in a taxi - without a guardian?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:30 pm
Argh.

I was once working in a day camp. We kept on sending a particular child home for a very good reason. Parents kept on sending the child back.

I don't get it at all. I guess they aren't worried about their kids emotional life? It just borders on abusive to me.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:36 pm
TMI

sequoia

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:38 pm
Whyyyyyy?

I don’t understand what a mother is thinking of, doing this.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:42 pm
How old are these kids? Preschool? Elementary School? Highschool? There are people that feel safe sending their kids with frum taxi drivers. Personally , it makes no difference to me. If the child is old enough to walk to school on his/her own than that child is old enough to go in a taxi. Otherwise the parent should be accompanying the kid each way.
Abuse and neglect so often comes at the expense of being over zealous and "righteous". So sad.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:47 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
How old are these kids? Preschool? Elementary School? Highschool? There are people that feel safe sending their kids with frum taxi drivers. Personally , it makes no difference to me. If the child is old enough to walk to school on his/her own than that child is old enough to go in a taxi. Otherwise the parent should be accompanying the kid each way.
Abuse and neglect so often comes at the expense of being over zealous and "righteous". So sad.

The kid I had in day camp was 3 years old.

And they were sending her in a regular taxi.

Yes, I think it's borderline abuse.

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:48 pm
They should expel the kids whose parents send them in a taxi cab. Game over.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:53 pm
Squishy wrote:
They should expel the kids whose parents send them in a taxi cab. Game over.

While I never sent my kid in a car service, a local car service driver is a lifelong friend of my DH. I'd trust him to babysit, and I'd trust him to drive.

So maybe its a friend of the family.

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:05 pm
I dont think the worst part is the kid in the taxi. Its sending the kid in the taxi and using the kid as a pawn thats awful. Imagine how the child feels as he is driven back to school knowing what he’ll face once he gets there. How awful of these parents.

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:11 pm
aricelli wrote:
I dont think the worst part is the kid in the taxi. Its sending the kid in the taxi and using the kid as a pawn thats awful. Imagine how the child feels as he is driven back to school knowing what he’ll face once he gets there. How awful of these parents.

Besides using their kid as a pawn, they are teaching their kids not to respect authority. That's why I say expel them. The problem is the rebbe may not let the school expel the kids. In that case, there are no consequences for sending them back to school.

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:12 pm
Squishy wrote:
Besides using their kid as a pawn, they are teaching their kids not to respect authority. That's why I say expel them. The problem is the rebbe may not let the school expel the kids. In that case, there are no consequences for sending them back to school.

I’m stuck on thinking about those poor poor children. Perhaps expelling would be a kinder option

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 5:20 pm
aricelli wrote:
I’m stuck on thinking about those poor poor children. Perhaps expelling would be a kinder option

Of course those poor children. I spoke to someone whose job it was to collect money for the Satmar school. There was no consequences when the parents wouldn't pay because the rebbe didn't want the kids to be denied education. I am thinking that this same thought process could be in place in Brooklyn. The school has its hands tied. The school can't take the kids in because they don't vax. They can't expel them. I imagine they feel terrible when they send the kids home knowing the parents will boomerang them right back.

Those moms don't care about the unvaxed. They obviously don't care about their own kids either to use them like this. Those moms are demented to do that to their kids.

unexpected

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:00 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I saw this comment on VIN News:

"it's important for the readers to understand the situation. I am on the board of one of the schools that were closed. The schools are trying very hard to comply with the vaccination requirements. on the other hand, the phobic, conspiracists parents are fighting the schools with a fanatic ignorance. the school sends home the kids, they send them back with car services. And the game goes on and on, sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day.

these anti-vaccinators are determined to fight the schools (can't fight the gov, so take it out on the school) until the school will break to pressure. We need to know what we are dealing with." (Source: https://www.vosizneias.com/324.....rder/)

Do parents seriously send their kids to school in a taxi - without a guardian?

The info you quoted was given out by an anonymous commenter on vosizneias about an anonymous school and is not necessarily true. At least I hope it's not...

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:08 pm
The VIN news comment section is full of all kinds of trolls. Their system is basically asking for it.

veiznisht

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:20 pm
If parents are truly doing this then the school needs to be calling CPS.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:51 pm
unexpected wrote:
The info you quoted was given out by an anonymous commenter on vosizneias about an anonymous school and is not necessarily true. At least I hope it's not...

A poster here said she knew someone who did this with her 4 to. The kid was left outside school crying.

chestnut

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:11 pm
Sebastian wrote:
A poster here said she knew someone who did this with her 4 to. The kid was left outside school crying.

How many parents do you think would do this? One abnormal one, in a school of a thousand kids?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:20 pm
chestnut wrote:
How many parents do you think would do this? One abnormal one, in a school of a thousand kids?

Cps should be involved, honestly. Imagine what else these parents are doing.

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:51 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Cps should be involved, honestly. Imagine what else these parents are doing.

A Satmar school isn't going to call CPS. And if they called, the Jewish liaison gets involved immediately.

I usually feel for the parents trying to arrange childcare when the kids can't attend school. But this is a self created problem fostered by ignorance.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:11 am
My kids go home by car service every day. True, it's a jewish car service and we kind of know him. He's a father of one of my other ds's former classmate. Also my kids are 8 and 11. I don't know the deal with the above mentioned, but don't automatically assume the worst unless you know first hand. BTW, the driver makes sure my kids put their seat belts one and it's not even the law here. He has our number and vice versa, so when he gets them he sends me a whatsapp saying about what time he should arrive via waze.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics