Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Calm me down plz exposure to measels
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

happyness

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:46 pm
yksraya wrote:
I hope the story is not true.

A doctor does not do what the schools tell him to do. It's quite the opposite. A dr can educate schools. I remember a dr came to us in elementary school and taught us how to wash the hands properly.

And wouldn't the school benefit more when working with the doh rather than with some non vaxers.

I believe that non vaxer made up some juicy story.

I wish I were as gullible.

It's not a made up story.

It's a fact.

When those kids came to shul on yomtov, I kindly moved to a different room. I'm immune, but also paranoid.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Was this by diamond today?

They locked their doors for 2 hours.

Yes. The hrs is cuz supposedly it's contagious in the room/area kid was in for upto 2 hrs.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes. The hrs is cuz supposedly it's contagious in the room/area kid was in for upto 2 hrs.

I know. They threw everyone out.

You should be okay. I wouldn’t worry and I’m a worrier.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:53 pm
delicious wrote:
I wish I were as gullible.

It's not a made up story.

It's a fact.

When those kids came to shul on yomtov, I kindly moved to a different room. I'm immune, but also paranoid.

Im immuned too. I'm paranoid nevertheless. I even called my ob he said nothing to worry. But every slight ache and pain for the next 21 days I'll jump. For myself and 10 year old dc who's also bh upto date with vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:55 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I know. They threw everyone out.

You should be okay. I wouldn’t worry and I’m a worrier.

They didn't kick out. These patients who were already there, they allowed to stay but didn't let anybody else in thereafter. They sent everybody downstairs for a few min untill the patient left. Examined whoever was there and locked the doors.

whewpy

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:58 pm
Well, I would really like to know who this dr is so I can make sure my child is not near anyone who uses that dr. He got all his shots but unfortunately, has one of the few who doesn't develop immunity and is dependent on herd immunity for protection? Why is that drs name not being given to do. Of us who have kids with transplants, cancer and immune issues, so we can keep our kids safe?

happyness

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They didn't kick out. These patients who were already there, they allowed to stay but didn't let anybody else in thereafter. They sent everybody downstairs for a few min untill the patient left. Examined whoever was there and locked the doors.

Was the patient aware s/he had the measles before they came?

happyness

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:59 pm
whewpy wrote:
Well, I would really like to know who this dr is so I can make sure my child is not near anyone who uses that dr. He got all his shots but unfortunately, has one of the few who doesn't develop immunity and is dependent on herd immunity for protection? Why is that drs name not being given to do. Of us who have kids with transplants, cancer and immune issues, so we can keep our kids safe?

My husband said he thinks someone Dr. Bass or something...but that's like asking a man after a bris what the baby's name is LOL

momsrus

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:04 pm
delicious wrote:
My husband said he thinks someone Dr. Bass or something...but that's like asking a man after a bris what the baby's name is LOL

Lol probably nothing remotely similar

whewpy

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:08 pm
Never heard of a dr bass in boro park

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:19 pm
delicious wrote:
Was the patient aware s/he had the measles before they came?

I dunno. But they have a big huge sign outside on the door, one that is impossible to miss, saying that if your child has a fever and any rash even slight do not enter! Call, and the dr will come out. So I asked the nurse if there's such a sign how can such a story like this happen? I didn't like her response. She says "some ppl simply don't care". It's really unfair. Like really unfair!!
I was there 2-3 weeks ago when Dr klein walked out to meet a patient outside. Dunno if it was measels or not though.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:26 pm
Not sure if this will calm you down, but I hope so: DH had the measles (despite being vaxed). None of us, living in the same house caught it. I slept with him a couple days before; my kids ate off the same plate as him up until when he started not feeling well. BH no one caught it: not the vaxxed ones and not the unvaxxed ones. Seems like its not THAT contagious. And yes, the rash came out a couple days after the fever and scratchy through, which is when we started being careful not to be too close, so we probably started being careful around the time he started being contagious.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Ah okay. I know someone that was there after they locked the doors and there were people waiting outside.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:43 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Not sure if this will calm you down, but I hope so: DH had the measles (despite being vaxed). None of us, living in the same house caught it. I slept with him a couple days before; my kids ate off the same plate as him up until when he started not feeling well. BH no one caught it: not the vaxxed ones and not the unvaxxed ones. Seems like its not THAT contagious. And yes, the rash came out a couple days after the fever and scratchy through, which is when we started being careful not to be too close, so we probably started being careful around the time he started being contagious.

Interesting. Also heard the few vaxxed people who get measles are less likely to be as contagious but not sure if that applies to the same household. How many unvaxxed in your home and if under 6 months probably have immunity from you?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:55 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Interesting. Also heard the few vaxxed people who get measles are less likely to be as contagious but not sure if that applies to the same household. How many unvaxxed in your home and if under 6 months probably have immunity from you?

I never confirmed, but for multiple reasons, I'm beginning to suspect that DH is part of the ? percent of people whose vaccines weren't effective. But why would they be less contagious?
No, the unvaxxed isn't under 6 months and until DH started feeling under the weather, that child was all over him at meals, sharing utensils, etc. (Yeah, DH is really nice about it; I'm not so sharing. Rolling Eyes )

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:59 pm
I never confirmed, but for multiple reasons, I'm beginning to suspect that DH is part of the ? percent of people whose vaccines weren't effective. But why would they be less contagious?
No, the unvaxxed isn't under 6 months and until DH started feeling under the weather, that child was all over him at meals, sharing utensils, etc. (Yeah, DH is really nice about it; I'm not so sharing. Rolling Eyes )

I read that even if part of the small percentage that do not develop immunity, they likely have some antibodies versus someone totally unvaxxed so likely will have an easier case and less virus particles so less likely to pass it on to others but you'd expect that to mean casual interaction not in the same house. Is your DH all better now? So sorry this happened but BH glad everyone is ok.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:40 pm

Some vaxxed people who got the measles got a very mild form, but some got a full-blown case. It seems like the mild form is not contagious while the full case is very. I haven't seen any literature on this, only my observations of many many people who got the measles.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dunno. But they have a big huge sign outside on the door, one that is impossible to miss, saying that if your child has a fever and any rash even slight do not enter! Call, and the dr will come out. So I asked the nurse if there's such a sign how can such a story like this happen? I didn't like her response. She says "some ppl simply don't care". It's really unfair. Like really unfair!!
I was there 2-3 weeks ago when Dr klein walked out to meet a patient outside. Dunno if it was measels or not though.

Keep in mind, sometimes the rash appears while they are waiting for the doctor, and sometimes they are "sure" that it is something else (e.g. -he was vaccinated on schedule, so he can't have measles!)

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:56 am
Dr. Diamonds office is very careful. I know of a case about two weeks ago where they tested for measles and took all precautions as if it were but b"H it was not measles. b'H they have always had a very strong anti vax policy as well which is also helpful.

Posting anonymously to share a story of someone who is an antivaxxer that asked her doctor for proof of immunity for her children. The doctor just printed it out for her. She was thrilled at how easy it went. It turned out that her children were brought in for their vaccinations by her husband without her knowledge Smile .

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:04 am
I'm vaxxed and not immune. Now I'm getting nervous. Do I need to revax?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics