Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sinus infection and normal / low cbc. Update

tweety1

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:43 am
So my dc had fever on / off from Friday night till last night. I took dc to the dr today so far culture for strept was negative and cbc was 4 point something. The entire time dc is complaining on headaches and eye pain. First I associated the pain with the fever. But now fever is gone for over 24 hrs but still has headches (specifically forehead)and eye pain. Is is possible to have a sinus infection and not a high wbc? Her symptoms are so sinus infectiony (just made up a word) but I'd think a sinus infection would show up on a cbc? Oth, my pediatrician once told me a low wbc (lower than than 5 I think) is not the norm but shows on a virus in the body.
Can somebody help me here?

Last edited by tweety1 on Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:47 am
With a virus or infection it can go both ways. A high wbc shows that body is fighting infection so it increases it's wbc. The virus can also wipe out cells so it can get lowered.

If low counts linger on make sure to have her checked out, either with a repeat blood test by pediatrician or a hematologist

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:53 am
Check her teeth - I have had recurrent sinusitis caused by cavities in upper teeth, esp molars.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:38 pm
So I spoke to the dr and he said it's very possible dc has sinus infection. Sinus infection could or may not show up in a cbc. Should bring dc in again in a day or two if it doesn't get better.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:43 pm
yerushamama wrote:
Check her teeth - I have had recurrent sinusitis caused by cavities in upper teeth, esp molars.

I'm not running to the dentist from one sinus infection. Dc never had one. And if dc gets another one I'll say "like mother like daughter". Bh I haven't had one in quite number of yrs but those were my teen yrs. Sinus infection after sinus infection. ; for that that my mother said " like brothers and sisters". These things are sometimes heriditary. But I'm not upto there yet...

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:53 pm
I wasn't saying run to the dentist - tap on each upper tooth separately to see if any of them are causing the pain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics