Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Fox is back at the vet
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:19 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I'm so glad you're out of the hospital. Rest and take care of yourself.

Echoing PinkFridge: With months of antibiotics, you have to watch out to make sure you don't get Cdiff. Try eating a couple of yogurts with live cultures every day. Also do things to make sure you have the healthiest biome possible colonizing your intestines: Increase consumption of vegetables, fruits, and nuts; eliminate as much as possible sugar and processed foods; grains are okay but in moderation.

Also, sprouted grain bread, "live" sourdough bread, and bio-sauerkraut.

Gotta keep you bright eyed and bushy tailed! Very Happy

Fox

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:30 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
With months of antibiotics, you have to watch out to make sure you don't get Cdiff. Try eating a couple of yogurts with live cultures every day. Also do things to make sure you have the healthiest biome possible colonizing your intestines: Increase consumption of vegetables, fruits, and nuts; eliminate as much as possible sugar and processed foods; grains are okay but in moderation.

I just learned about Cdiff, and what I know about probiotics starts and ends with how to spell them, and even that relies somewhat on autocorrect!

Please feel free to educate me or point me in the right direction.

Though why is it that so many ailments involve avoiding sugar and other yummy things? I am looking for a diagnosis that involves french fries, cinnamon rolls, and plenty of chocolate!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:34 am
My child always developed c-diff infection when he was in hospital for a prolonged time. Somehow it's a hospital infection. Also comes from too much antibiotic. It comes with a very bad diarrhea

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:06 pm
Supposedly the best probiotic to counteract c-diff- we were given this advice after my daughter was on clinda twice, is saccharomyces boulardii.
Come pick it up from my fridge Wink. The only available bottle had waaaay to much.
Also, Fox, look into kefir.
Feel good!

aliavi

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 6:17 pm
Fox wrote:
I just learned about Cdiff, and what I know about probiotics starts and ends with how to spell them, and even that relies somewhat on autocorrect!

Please feel free to educate me or point me in the right direction.

Though why is it that so many ailments involve avoiding sugar and other yummy things? I am looking for a diagnosis that involves french fries, cinnamon rolls, and plenty of chocolate!

PMS? Refuah shlemah
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed