Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ribbed dress for girls

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:02 am
Hi all,

My six-year-old daughter needs weekday clothes and yearns for a ribbed dress, preferably with some sort of print on it.

I know this is a current trend and should be anywhere--but where? Without print okay as well, but need it to be summer appropriate and covering knees/elbows.

Online because we live OOT with no frum local stores.

Thanks for any leads!

sky

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:19 am
https://www.shirtstop.us/girls......html

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:21 am
Look online Tottini and the shell station carry them.

https://tottini.com/Girls/2/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:14 pm
I looked at shell station and tottini but only saw solid ribbed dresses. Are there ribbed dresses with prints? Is that just not in?

Shell station website does not seem to allow me to search anything but shells.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all,

My six-year-old daughter needs weekday clothes and yearns for a ribbed dress, preferably with some sort of print on it.

I know this is a current trend and should be anywhere--but where? Without print okay as well, but need it to be summer appropriate and covering knees/elbows.

Online because we live OOT with no frum local stores.

Thanks for any leads!

Your six year old is yearning for it ? Or you are? Sad to see that these things have made their way into oot places too...

shanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:17 pm
Isn’t it wintry? Is it for camp?

missknowitall

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:19 pm
Check kidichic website, they have at least two. They don't have prints but they aren't as plain as the other ones posted here.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:40 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Your six year old is yearning for it ? Or you are? Sad to see that these things have made their way into oot places too...

Oh please. Are people who live out of town not allowed to have any wishes or opinions about what they wear?

And no. In this case it's all her. She needs new weekday clothes and she really wants this. Combination of what she's seen her friends wearing, and other family members. I told her I'd try. I don't think it's a crime for her to want it, or for me to try to accommodate her. Wanting to wear a trend, however you become aware of it, is very human. Happens to be she loves fashion and clothes and therefore she's very aware that this is what she wants (she didn't know the word "ribbed"--she described it to me and showed me examples to explain what she meant).

Truth is, if it was all up to me, her wardrobe would look very different than it does (which you probably also would enjoy bashing).

I don't know why I'm bothering to answer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:43 pm
shanarishona wrote:
Isn’t it wintry? Is it for camp?

She's not going to camp, but it is summer and hot. She got the idea of a print from something she saw a family member wear--yes, that was a winter garment.

Oh, do you mean ribbed things in general being wintery? I would have thought so but I see summery ribbed clothes for sale in frum stores (websites). And they seem light enough, 3/4 sleeves, etc... works for me... It's a fine rib.

(Not just frum stores probably, but that's what I've seen in person.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:43 pm
missknowitall wrote:
Check kidichic website, they have at least two. They don't have prints but they aren't as plain as the other ones posted here.

Thank you, I will check it out.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:50 pm
Some of the ribbed clothing is thin summery cotton.
I can’t imagine prints would be easy to cheaply print on ribbed material. I don’t think I’ve seen that. Just prints on cotton dresses.
The websites listed so far probably have the more common reasonably priced Jewish styles. If you want higher end there are other sites.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:08 am
sky wrote:
Some of the ribbed clothing is thin summery cotton.
I can’t imagine prints would be easy to cheaply print on ribbed material. I don’t think I’ve seen that. Just prints on cotton dresses.
The websites listed so far probably have the more common reasonably priced Jewish styles. If you want higher end there are other sites.

Oh, you are probably right!! That makes sense.

The one ribbed pattern dress that she saw in real life actually was an adult dress from Nordstrom that someone modified to fit a kid. It probably was a more expensive fabric. Makes sense.

No need for high end (although I'm curious... are there high-end kids ribbed dresses?). I'll just tell her that I found out if she wants ribbed, the options are solid.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:19 am
This store is a bit more then others.
It actually does have printed ribbed dresses. Like this one.
http://www.styledchild.com/sto.....ua-2/

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:55 am
Just to update--I got her the Delores ribbed dress from doubleheader. There is some sparkle there (very subtle). She is happy...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics