Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How to choose a health insurance (potential home birth?)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:42 am
Hi,
We have to choose a kuppah and locals in the place we are moving recommend leumit or meuchedet. I have no further information on which to make a choice. Any thoughts that can help me?
One possible factor that I wonder about is if we would iyh have another child, I would hope to have a home birth with a midwife (as I had for my previous births in the US). Is there one kappa that would be more likely to cover that?
Or any other thoughts or recommendations of things to take into account?
Thanks!
Smile Compress
(smiley face at the request of my children who are watching my type... but also I am grateful in advance for your help!)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 7:57 am
Anyone? Or maybe it really does not matter...

rivkam

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:18 am
You can get similar things with each Kupah. I personally moved from meuchedet to clalit and I find clalit way more organised.
Take into account where you're going to live. Especially with children, you want to have a branch close by to you like is you live on a yeshuv you may only have one Kupah on that yeshuv.
In terms of home birth, you have to go private. None of the kupahs cover home birth. The midwife can call herself a doula so you can get some money back for your Kupah but it only covers the first 1500 shekels of the fee (I think that's the amount).

rivkam

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:19 am
Oh and join the life in Israel forum if you haven't already because there is definitely already posts about the different kupot

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:37 am
Thanks! I would love to join the life in Israel forum but I was told I can't till I am actually there, but I need to pick a kuppah now.

We narrowed it down to meuchedet and leumit based on the yishuv we plan to move to.

How hard is it to switch if you are not happy?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:38 am
Good to know about being able to get part of the fee reimbursed as a doula. Thank you.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:43 am
Meuhedet Adif pays up to 90% if your midwife bills you right. I can give you my midwie's number or email, she would know the current info.

rivkam

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:47 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Meuhedet Adif pays up to 90% if your midwife bills you right. I can give you my midwie's number or email, she would know the current info.

This changed recently on all the kupot. I think it might be on misrad habriuts website

rivkam

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I would love to join the life in Israel forum but I was told I can't till I am actually there, but I need to pick a kuppah now.

We narrowed it down to meuchedet and leumit based on the yishuv we plan to move to.

How hard is it to switch if you are not happy?

If you want to switch, it's really not complicated but you have to wait because there is only like 4 dates a year you can switch. So you register to switch and then on the next available date the switchover happens.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:12 am
rivkam wrote:
If you want to switch, it's really not complicated but you have to wait because there is only like 4 dates a year you can switch. So you register to switch and then on the next available date the switchover happens.

Got it, thank you!

And will look for updated info on Misrad Habriut website. (Actually, I will probably ask my husband to... He reads Hebrew much faster.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:18 am
Iymnok wrote:

Lymnok, I would really appreciate talking to your midwife! I feel like I want to have a handle on these things (and what I should know about for home birth in Israel in general) even though at the moment I am not pregnant.

Are you comfortable posting here, or I guess I can pm you?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:28 am
Hi not sure about the home birth part but when I moved here I found that the easiest kupah to move to for foreigners is meuchedet. you literally walk in and you're signed up. we are not israeli and have student visas and they are very good for that. so loads of chutzniks use them.
Especially if you are not israeli then it's easier to join with them. there are also meuchedets all over but you are in a yishuv so can't speak for where you are living. once you are on bituach leumi then it's easy to switch to a different kupah. Also if you are Israeli you probably have much more flexibility, I am just saying my experience.
hatzlacha!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lymnok, I would really appreciate talking to your midwife! I feel like I want to have a handle on these things (and what I should know about for home birth in Israel in general) even though at the moment I am not pregnant.

Are you comfortable posting here, or I guess I can pm you?

PM me, I like talking homebirth Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions