Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Stroller for Israel

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:37 am
We are thinking to get a stroller for someone who just had their first.

It needs to attach to a car seat and work well in Israel.

Any ideas

tsc3

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:49 am
Depends on their community, what area? Alot of ppl get the city mini because of the price. The uppababy is pretty common too.
In fancier areas everyone has bugaboos. So it really depends.

cholentfan1

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:06 am
A lot of people for their first child buy a fancy travel system and then end up buying another stroller a year later-a lot of the travel system seats aren't so big and the child outgrows it fast. They're also big and bulky, as well as often much heavier.
It depends on what they're looking for, and their budget-are they travelling a lot? Does the size or fold matter? Are they thinking they might want to be able to convert it to a double in the not so distant future? Do they just want the 'in' stroller everyone in the neighborhood has, regardless of how practical it is?
The Israeli roads aren't so great for strollers as they're quite hard wearing on wheels (from experience), so you might want something stronger.
Something like the city mini can be used from birth-as the seat lies flat, but you can buy a carrycot as well as car seat adapters. It folds pretty small really easily. If you're going for the city mini-I recommend the gt version, the wheels are much better than the regular...

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:30 am
What's your budget?
I love my cybex priam. It has such a light push, so you're not putting your back and shoulders into it, which is great because Israel is all hilly. It's narrow enough that it doesnt knock things off the shelf in the makolets. It folds in 1 piece with one hand, so getting in and out of cabs is a breeze. It adapts to many carseats. It's at table top height, so baby doesn't need a booster seat/highchair if you're taking him out to eat. Big basket for grocery shopping. Glides upstairs really easy (the back wheels fold into the front wheels, so it equally distributes the weight and no bump-bump-bump-bump)
Dont live in Israel anymore, but my 2 and a half yr old still fits in it.

essie14

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:35 am
I would say 75% of my neighborhood has the citymini GT. You can buy the car seat adapter and the bassinet add-on (I didn't need this, my baby preferred the car seat to the bassinet but most of the other moms in my neighborhood have the bassinet). It has a very high weight maximum so you can use it for a long time. You can also add a ride-on board for an older child.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 11:16 am
They don't want anything fancy. Sounds like the city mini is the right way to go. Does it come as a single, and can it hold any car seat

tsc3

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:01 pm
Yes it comes as a single. Get them the GT which has some upgrades.
I think u have to buy the converter pieces for a carseat. Different converters for different carseats so ask them which carseat they have/want.
Also, if u don't mind getting them something more expensive and are getting this because they prefer cheaper, then u can also buy them all the accessories which are very useful. Like a mommy hook and a holder thing that fits by the handlebars. A rain cover. A front bar or tray.....

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:18 pm
They are getting the car seat too. I'm not paying for it, doing the research for someone else. They are also getting the graco click connect 35 infant car seat, so I sent them the link to that attachment and to the rain cover. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics