Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Flylady Book: which one to buy

emmes

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:55 am
I kind of lazy and I procrastinate. I plan all day how to keep my house meet and clean But I hardly do anything until the last minute. That makes me a stressed mom.
I want to follow this flylady program. she has more when one book. Which one do I get? I have lousy access to the internet so the emails and website won't do for me.
Ectomorph, you're input is appreciated, as is anyone else's!

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:55 am
Lol! I clicked on this thinking it is just up my alley!
The only one I have read is sink reflections. It is a great book. I had already read most of the content thru her emails, so it didn't add much, but it did help tie everything together.

emmes

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:38 am
Tnx for replying, I knew I can count on u!
Is that book enough? Includes the baby steps and routines?

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:42 am
I think so. To be honest I only read the emails and read the book a long time ago. But this review says it does. I think the whole idea of the book is that it has everything you need. http://simplegreenorganichappy.....lley/

emmes

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:25 pm
Got it. Tnx again. Ordering the book tonight Iy'h.
I'd love to hear of anyone else who followed this.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:13 pm
emmes wrote:
Got it. Tnx again. Ordering the book tonight Iy'h.
I'd love to hear of anyone else who followed this.

I’m someone who didn’t follow her so probably not who you want to hear from! I used to get her emails but found them so annoying so unsubscribed. I also, don’t feel psychologically any different or more motivated if I have a gleaming sink. Definitely not my kind of thing at all.

I found the KonMari method more helpful as it focuses on what you need to keep vs clutter. However, I realize Flylady focuses more on cleaning vs decluttering. It is definitely easier to clean if you are happy with what is in your house.

emmes

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:38 pm
I hear you pearl. I read about her shiny sinks. My goal is not that, but to learn to maintain the house on a schedule. I need something to encourage me to make the beds in the morning, wash the dishes at night,, let alone shining the sinks!
Does kon mari do that too? Does she have a book?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:39 pm
You can try Dana White A Slob Comes Clean. She has a website. Her book is an audiobook available on Hoopla, you can borrow through your library. I found it less bais yaakov-y. Sink Reflections was lovely at first but too preachy for me.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:43 pm
I find flyladys schedule and routine very helpful. I enjoy her positivity and general attitude.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:08 pm
You can always get the book that started it all, https://www.amazon.com/Sidetra.....77671

Google "Sidetracked Home Executives" some fun-looking links. (I haven't opened them.)

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:31 pm
emmes wrote:
I hear you pearl. I read about her shiny sinks. My goal is not that, but to learn to maintain the house on a schedule. I need something to encourage me to make the beds in the morning, wash the dishes at night,, let alone shining the sinks!
Does kon mari do that too? Does she have a book?

Yes, the life-changing magic of tidying. Or just watch her on Netflix. She also has a book called Spark Joy and my favorite, a Manga story version of her first book. It doesn’t put you on a daily schedule or tell you to make sinks shine but I don’t want that.

In the U.K. there is a cleaning guru called Mrs Hinch. I haven’t read her books or watched her shows, but she seems to be a hit. She gives practical advice about what cheap poundstore cleaning products work. She seems more modern than Flylady so that may resonate with some people more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics