Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Dental braces while in Israel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 7:00 pm
DD is going to seminary in September , in Yerushalaim for a year. She was just told she needs braces again - apparently she took them off too early . whats the best way - have them done here and sign her up with a clinic in israel for adjustments , or have them place braces in israel ? I have no more orthodontist allowance left on my dental insurance for her so I will have to pay out of pocket either way .

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:39 pm
I never heard of any orthodontist taking braces off early. If this is true then the orthodontist should provide the braces for free. You can find an American orthodontist to maintain it in Israel. Hopefully it won't cost to much.

I have 2 kids that had braces. We paid for the braces based on what needed to get done. One DC took longer then the other. One DC wanted the braces off before the summer because the teeth looked good. They ended up coming off Chanukah time.

I did hear about teeth moving if you don't wear retainers nightly. One DC's teeth were terrible. The orthodontist placed permanent wires behind the teeth to prevent them from moving back.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:31 am
Many good Orthodontist here in Israel, and most will speak good english, but its not cheap hear either.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:18 am
DD is in the middle of braces. I was wondering about this myself. Her braces are scheduled to come off in December. Is there an orthodontist recommended who can continue her treatment in Jerusalem?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:02 pm
https://www.kjjdentaloffice.co.....page/

I have been using them since making aliyah almost 16 years ago. They are not cheap but this dental practice is wonderful. Most are english speakers, also olim.

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:15 pm
there are many good American (or Engish) orthodontists in Jlm. I don't know how much you pay privately for braces there but here we just put on my son for 11,000 shekel ( I think full price is 12 but we got a sibling discount)

Shuly

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:20 pm
We are very happy with Dr. Binyomin Sorovsky
02-538-9890

His office is in the Rav Shefa mall so it's very convenient if she will be based in Yerushalayim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children