Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are people paid to write Google reviews?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:38 am
When I see hundreds of perfect 5 star reviews for a business- are they legit? Is it possible that the company is paying individuals to write reviews? Can a company delete negative reviews?

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When I see hundreds of perfect 5 star reviews for a business- are they legit? Is it possible that the company is paying individuals to write reviews? Can a company delete negative reviews?

All is possible.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:56 am
Sure, I know plenty of jewish businesses that have their employees write 5 star reviews.
We once stayed at a kosher hotel and are experience wasn't the best. We wrote not the best review. The funny thing is that many of the reviews weren't the best but these were written only by non jews staying at the hotel. All frum jews staying there wrote 5 star reviews, even if the experience was mediocre.
For example: some gave 5 starts but wrote that the shower wasn't working properly or their room wasn't ready. Why give 5 stars??

1untamedgirl

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 10:04 am
This is about Yelp but google may work the same way.

https://thehustle.co/botto-bis....._dS00

bestme

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 10:49 am
People on fiver pay $5.00 for a 5 star review.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 10:51 am
Yes, yes, yes! People are definitely paid!

I signed up to work as a freelance editor on a website called Upwork. Someone sent me a bunch of Google Reviews to edit! They were clearly written to sound different so that they look like legitimate reviews...

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 11:09 am
Dh is a business owner.
They can't delete bad reviews, but sure technically I guess people can be paid to write good reviews.

(We of course don't do that.)

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 11:11 am
Amother aqua, of course bad reviews can be deleted, it's not difficult at all. My sisters boss deletes every bad review posted.
I'd actually be wary of a service that only have great reviews.

yerushamama

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 11:30 am
I always look first at negative reviews - to see what thy don't like, and whether it is relevant to me.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 11:36 am
I know with products that their are 1000's of sellers who give away products in exchange for 5 star reviews so I take positive reviews with a grain of salt but I do read the negative ones .

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:01 pm
All of my 1276 5 Star Google reviews are real!

I have one 1 Star review from someone named "City Guide". Weird, but I never found the time to pursue fighting it.

The evening of my clients' newborn session, I email them their first image, which they chose to be ready right away. Along with telling them how lovely it was to work with their family, I write:

If you have a quick minute when Evelyn is napping, would you be able to do me a favor and write a review here? It's for the sake of Google, so any coherent sentence is good, no need to put much thought into it! https://www.google.com/?gws_rd.....1,3,,

And that link goes straight to my Google reviews! Smile

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:25 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Amother aqua, of course bad reviews can be deleted, it's not difficult at all. My sisters boss deletes every bad review posted.
I'd actually be wary of a service that only have great reviews.

I do not believe that bad reviews can be deleted on Google. Perhaps on other platforms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics