Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Couches
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:47 pm
Anonymous because I have asked all family and friends this same question Very Happy
I'm looking for new couches for my living room. No budget. Where can I find really awesome couches that are comfortable and glamorous and also "child proof" aka "will not get killed asap because of little kids living here" ? What kind of couch should I look for? Material? I need ideas of where to start. Any links and pix are appreciated.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:57 pm
My couch isnt glamorous but its nice and child proof: semi circle shaped with microfiber material from living quarters in bp. Child resistant! I wipe it down with damp cloth or baby wipe. I added beautiful pillows for the aesthetic part. Comes in different shapes and sizes all colors

gande

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:04 am
Look for full genuine leather couches including the back. S&S in Williamsburg has full selection of company called Palisers and Elan from Canada great quality and decent priced.
Living Quarters in BP has a big selection ranging from Chinese to Italian.

Rappel

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:11 am
A good quality leather couch will last forever, and is also fairly easy to clean and maintain.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:15 am
When you say no budget, do you mean you will spend as much as you need to get what you need. I ask because a real leather couch that is well constructed s not cheap but it can last for years of active use. A poorly made couch might look Lola in the showroom but will look like dreck in a short period of time.

Construction of a couch is very important. You want solid hardwood frame and the best furniture is made with eight way hand tied springs. As posted above, there are real differences in leather quality and high quality leather will age well. You also need to decide what kind of stuffing you want because different fillings will sit differently.

There is absolutely no substitute for testing sofas in person to see how they feel.

sweetdimples

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:28 am
I got my couches from living quarters Lakewood. The manager very patiently went through all options with me. There is a material called sombrerra which is basically a pretreated kind of material that will resist stains. I did this for the living room. For the playroom I did a style material called kashmera where the any stain literally wipesoff with a damp Schmatte. It’s magic. I love my couches!

sweetdimples

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:32 am
Whoops, meant to write sumbrella

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:51 am
Yes, as others have mentioned, Living quarters has a huge selection of all possible styles, and price ranges for every budget. I personally went through the Lakewood branch (399 Cedar Bridge Ave.) pictured below is my living room couch/ matching armchairs. I think it fits the criteria of glamour and practicality ;-)
Though the color looks like it’s a couch to be seen but not touched, I assure you it’s anything but! The Material is washable! I custom chose this specific color and style yet there are loads of other options! Call them, you’ll get unsurpassed service. (I’ve been around to other places in the past and only living quarters matched by expectations) 732-367-6565
https://I.imgur.com/xrR87R2.jpg
https://I.imgur.com/MAPa9kL.jpg

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:29 am
I went to Thomasville in NJ and got a leather couch & chaise from Bradington young. It is the most comfortable couch I ever sat on.
It is well constructed, supportive but feels like you're just floating.
I am very sick & this chaise can relieve my pain when I lay on it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 6:53 am
Thanks for the suggestions!
I am going to add- I dont like leather! So that's out of the question.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 6:54 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Yes, as others have mentioned, Living quarters has a huge selection of all possible styles, and price ranges for every budget. I personally went through the Lakewood branch (399 Cedar Bridge Ave.) pictured below is my living room couch/ matching armchairs. I think it fits the criteria of glamour and practicality ;-)
Though the color looks like it’s a couch to be seen but not touched, I assure you it’s anything but! The Material is washable! I custom chose this specific color and style yet there are loads of other options! Call them, you’ll get unsurpassed service. (I’ve been around to other places in the past and only living quarters matched by expectations) 732-367-6565

Sooooooo pretty! What do you do when you are niddah with only 1 cushion?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 6:56 am
Amarante wrote:
When you say no budget, do you mean you will spend as much as you need to get what you need. I ask because a real leather couch that is well constructed s not cheap but it can last for years of active use. A poorly made couch might look Lola in the showroom but will look like dreck in a short period of time.

Construction of a couch is very important. You want solid hardwood frame and the best furniture is made with eight way hand tied springs. As posted above, there are real differences in leather quality and high quality leather will age well. You also need to decide what kind of stuffing you want because different fillings will sit differently.

There is absolutely no substitute for testing sofas in person to see how they feel.

Yes I will spend what it takes.
I am going to go in person! But there are way too many options. I want to walk into a store with an idea, yknow what I mean?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 7:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I will spend what it takes.
I am going to go in person! But there are way too many options. I want to walk into a store with an idea, yknow what I mean?

Where are you located?

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 7:06 am

Do you know which company or material these are?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 8:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sooooooo pretty! What do you do when you are niddah with only 1 cushion?

Sit on the armchairs Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:39 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Where are you located?

5T

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:28 pm

Looks amazing!
Can I ask you about how much was it, just want to get an idea about price range....

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
5T

We went up and down 17 in NJ looking at all the upscale furniture stores on a sales day. We were able to purchase a number of exclusive custom couches for my house at a great value.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 05 2020, 2:26 pm
[unpaid ad deleted by Mod]

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 05 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
[unpaid ad deleted by Mod]

lol. do you work there? this thread is over a year old
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics