Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
How much should I pay?

strawberry cola

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:36 am
I was looking for a ride home from an event on Oak Street in Lakewood tonight to Brooklyn and when I couldn't find one, I called a driver that someone recommended. A few minutes later, someone offered me a ride. I called the driver to cancel and he said he had already set out and was ten minutes away. I told him I would mail him a check for coming out to pick me up.
How much do you think I should send him? I was thinking $20 or $25.
He was 10 minutes away from where I had been waiting. He lives in Westgate but I don't know if that is where he was coming from. We called him to cancel about seven or eight minutes after asking him to come.

seeker

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:11 am
If you called to cancel so soon after you asked him to come, it seems he was available in the first place it's unlikely that he had time in between to reject other job opportunities or have to rearrange his personal schedule much. So technically you aren't responsible to pay him anything and it's generous of you to offer at all.

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:38 pm
Even if he jumped in the car right away, that is 8 minutes of his driving time towards you, and then 8 minutes back. So I guess the payment, since you told you would be paying, should be the equivalent of what you would normally pay for a 15/16 minute car ride in Lakewood. I dont know what that would be, but I am sure Lakewood imas could give you an estimate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics