Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO single moms who have moved to a new community
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 7:39 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Each school has their own formula, but I believe it's around $4k to $5k a kid.
ok that's about what I pay now.

I do have permission to leave the state.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 1:47 pm
OP, I understand you.

Too much to go into here, but feel free to PM me any time you want. I'm in Israel, but I'm happy to offer emotional support.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aquamarine, did you move to Baltimore while single with kids or did you just happen to find it supportive when you became single?

What I need the most chizuk with right now:
1. Carrying the mental burden alone. I think I can handle the moving itself but I can't handle deciding when and where on my own and there's no one to share the decision making process with me. I have people who will talk and listen but of course they can't tell me what to do.
2. Fear of caring for the kids on my own until we get to know people. Where I am now we have a support network. I lived here before my divorce so when I was on my own I already knew who I could call on to babysit, or take my kids on a school day off, etc. Wherever I go next I will be very alone. Even if people are super nice it's a strange way to start a relationship.
3. The other part of the mental burden. Trying to get hold of all the things that need to be researched, doing that research, making sense of the results, making all the arrangements, getting everything organized... And regular life continues while that is all happening and I've only just about gotten the hang of that in the first place. So while I'm taking the mental burden of planning a move on my own, I'm also carrying the mental burden of current school, camp, job, doctor and therapist appointments, housekeeping, etc etc and it just feels like too much already but yet this has to happen. And I have to be the one to make it happen because there is no one else.

I usually don't get into this lonely self pity mode but this parsha is majorly triggering that. It's huge for me.

I feel the same way as you! Good luck
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating