Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need help! Lakewood heimish/chasidish boys schools
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:34 am
Someone told me that Toras Emes and Darchei are owned by the same people, but the crowd is different. I think they are even in the same location.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 3:22 pm
I will aply to all yshivas but I am trying to figure out were I and my ds would be happiest and were we would fit in the best I am looking for a well-runned place not one that still needs improvement. Not super chasidish so probably not skver but a mixture of different levals chasidish (ok if not all the boys are chasidish) so from your description of talmud torah sounds like its completely not chasidish and toras emes sounds like its modern. I am not one that is trying to run away from chasidish or rules so that leaves me with.....

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 4:03 pm
Talmud Torah will probably not even give you an application and if they then consider yourself very lucky. Remember that all chasidishe yeshivas here are a mix. No darchai and Torah emes are not the same owners. I know them both. Two different people.

If you have a chance then take a tour in these yeshiva s to get the feel of the types there. Go recess time and you'll see a lot. If you tell us what type you are we can direct you more.

Skvere here is not the same as in bp. None of the yeshivas here are like bp. With exception of belz but they are not taking anyone not belz and no women drive.

Do u see what I'm trying to say?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 12:00 am
Tomas Emes is the Lakewood equivalent of BP Chsan Sofer, run by Rabbi Lichtenstien not modern,real ehrlich frum crowd.
Darchei Avoseini is a wonderful chassidish heimish place Under Rabbi Wosner's leadership. It's not very different from the Talmud Torah crowd just newer.
If your son has been attending any regular chassidish BP Cheder there are things that weren't acceptable there that are the norm here ex: kids are very sports oriented. Will possibly converse in English amongst each other etc all normal but different than what you might be used to.
As for Talmud Torah thyve been around long enough= very established, but I've seen certain things here are coveted for their label however it doesn't mean that a newer Cheder isn't as good just that it lacks the status of the established one.
Rachmastrivk and Skvere are good places too and will more closely resemble typical BP chassidish yeshivos like Beis Yitzchok, Bobov, Vizhnits.....
Satmer has a similar clientele to Toras Emes, Satmer maybe has a touch more simple/yeshivish or learning crowd.

These are my observations as I've been involved in some way w/ all these and seen who they cater to / spoken to parents and staff.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 12:06 am
You should also be aware that the most chassidish place here really doesn't resemble the average chassidish place where ur coming from, something to bear in mind.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 1:12 pm
toras emes is not chasidish. there happen to be a few chasidish kids there. 98% of kids wear short payois. and are very english speaking. not at all the chasiidish profile of chasidish kids in bp. like viznitz, belz,satmar, bobov. chasan sofer is not chasidish. the staff probably is. but thats it. I doubt the kids there speak yiddish. again its the same as in lakewood.

two posters above gave a very good overview. chasidish here in lakewood is not the same except for rachmistrivke and skvere. and belz. which is new but I doubt your looking for that as they banned driving.

I will disagree on somewhat level about toras emes. they do take in modern chasidish families. that I happen to know. at least its modern according to me.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 10:11 pm
Toras Emes caters to chassidish/ heimish crowd, they are not Ultra chassidish which you seem to think is the only version of chassidish. Any non chassidish family would never consider it as an option. What is modern chassidish anyways? Such an odd expression.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:45 pm
bumping this up again.
new amother.

How about the new Klausenberg cheder?
How does it compare to Skver / Rachmistrivka /Belz or to Masores Avos ?

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
bumping this up again.
new amother.

How about the new Klausenberg cheder?
How does it compare to Skver / Rachmistrivka /Belz or to Masores Avos ?

bump

does anyone have information on Klausenberg Cheder- is it very much only klausenberg or is it netural chassidish?

oneofakind

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 10:46 pm
Talmud Torah Bais Avrohom has a huge mixture from heimish to very chassidish (think hat on shaitel type). Very accepted for the mothers to drive. Mothers are generally afraid to talk to the Rebbes/principal because they are generally very chassidish and some don't talk English. The menahel is a Satmar chassid. Large school. Very hard to get in. Decent English department compared to other chassidish schools.

21young

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:26 am
I think if you want a good response you have to write where you send or would like to send in BP, so we can find somewhat of an equivalent in Lakewood. Everyone has different opinions of what’s chassidish and what’s modern.

Your most chassidish options are Skver, Rachmatrivke, etc. (Don’t know anything about Klausenberg)
Satmar is not really Satmar, it’s old Lakewood.
Talmud Torah is probably the next in terms of how chassidish but it’s really really hard to get in.
Next would be Mesoras Avos, Darchei Avoseinu and Stolin.
Stolin is probably most similar to Stolin in BP, simple ehrlich crowd.
As others have said, Toras Emes gets more ‘with-it’ with every passing year.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:44 am
Yeshivas ohr avrum chaim
However they only have nursery through kita aleph. So if you have an older child it’s not for you.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:56 am
Firstly Ohr Avraham Chaim is not really chassidish. They have 90% of parents are originally from lakewood or OOT.
And they're having next yr K- 4th grd. Iyh

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:59 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Firstly Ohr Avraham Chaim is not really chassidish. They have 90% of parents are originally from lakewood or OOT.
And they're having next yr K- 4th grd. Iyh

Many chasan sofer/ heimish types are applying there. And I’m happy to hear they are opening more grades. The menahel and rebbis are wonderful people. My son is very happy there as a parent.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:04 am
Try the new Cheider “Toras Yisroel “ next to Yankels Grocery.
I heard people are really happy there , all chassidish but mix of chassidus.
Buys look well taken care of , and as a new cheider it might be easier to get in.
Much Hatzlocha!

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:27 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Many chasan sofer/ heimish types are applying there. And I’m happy to hear they are opening more grades. The menahel and rebbis are wonderful people. My son is very happy there as a parent.

I’m so happy to hear that.
As I’m sending my boys there next year Iyh.

Are they merging with another school next year?
Is that Where they’re getting so many new boys from?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:39 am
I think the question should be where will he most likely get accepted?!
All this information is irrelevant
In Lakewood you don’t get to choose
You go where they accept you

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:30 am
Darchai avoisenu, is opening up parallel classes. They built a building that they are moving into this coming year they dont accept alot of people to keep the class size small. In the older grades theres more of a mix but they are only accepting Yiddish chassidish kids because they want more that chasidish crowd

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:23 am
I am looking for something like Rachmistrivka type of cheder - im talking chassidishwise......

what compares to that? besides skver?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:26 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I am looking for something like Rachmistrivka type of cheder - im talking chassidishwise......

what compares to that? besides skver?

Probably toras yisroel it was opened up for that reason.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics