Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cookie Number cake

muss

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:59 pm
I've seen lately lots of people making number cakes. Can you tell me step by step how to do it?
Thanks

Last edited by muss on Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

mamaleh

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:19 pm
Do you mean a cake shaped like a specific number? If so, it can depend on the number but one way is to bake a regular size cake (multi layer If desired) then print or draw the number you want on a piece of paper and cut it out. Lay the cut out number on the cake and use it as a guide to cut the cake. Frost the cake (usually easier if you freeze it first & this is definitely a time to do a crumb coat)

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:24 pm
Do you mean a cookie cake?

muss

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:34 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Do you mean a cookie cake?

Yes

cbg

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 5:33 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QeyNnGgtaKM

smilethere1

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 5:54 pm
So I made it twice...its really simple... make a roll out cookie dough and refrigerate. Print out the number you want on a paper and I traced onto parchment so its easier to work with on the dough. Roll out dough and trace with knife the number...do as many layers as you want I do 3. Bake... then I whip up whip and mix with custard pipe onto 1st cookie place another on top and keep layering. Then decorate to your likings... I did one with nosh for 5yr old dd bday and made a milchig version for shevuos.

Dina2018

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 8:26 pm
smilethere1 wrote:
So I made it twice...its really simple... make a roll out cookie dough and refrigerate. Print out the number you want on a paper and I traced onto parchment so its easier to work with on the dough. Roll out dough and trace with knife the number...do as many layers as you want I do 3. Bake... then I whip up whip and mix with custard pipe onto 1st cookie place another on top and keep layering. Then decorate to your likings... I did one with nosh for 5yr old dd bday and made a milchig version for shevuos.

do you have a recipe for parve cookie dough please?

Yummymummy3

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 9:13 pm
smilethere1 wrote:

How was the whip strong enough to hold the next layer of cookie?

myself

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 5:27 am
Out of interest, doesn't it all break apart when you try to cut it?

Dina2018

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:21 am
myself wrote:
Out of interest, doesn't it all break apart when you try to cut it?

you cut it unbacked, basically like you would cut out a cookie, but bigger

muss

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:11 am
Thanks. Can I just use any cookie recipe? What do you mix with whip, just custard filling?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:22 am
I do a whip mixture with whip, instant vanilla pudding, custard, and cream of tartar. It's pretty stiff.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:44 pm
Bump! Who makes this in Brooklyn?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins