Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Easiest way for me to get a degree?! TTI?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:51 am
I’m in my mid 40’s and been working all my life. I make a nice salary but I see all the new positions in my company require a degree and are getting paid a lot. I also think I can probably get more money. I want to get a basic degree, open to many options. I can’t afford to stop working so can only do school nights Sundays or online. What are my options and any idea of cost? I’ve been told to try tti but need to hear more options and details from tti or other suggestions please.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:50 am
I did tti in a few months (I had 36 credits from seminary) then got a masters.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:23 am
TTI is for people who can read a book and then take a test on the material. I have a degree. In the beginning I was told the same, and I tried it but I was too overwhelmed and overworked to grasp the content of the material so I failed again and again at TTI. A few things matter.
1- have you learned Chumash and other Hebrew material in the past? If so, this will make it easier for you.
2- Which minhagim do you hold by? The ones you’ll be tested on? This will also make it easier for you.
3- Can you memorize and remember it? I can’t. So I didn’t make it. I must understand the material in order to know it.
I went to satmar school in Williamsburg so many years ago and what they learn today is totally different than what they learned then and Hebrew was out of the question. So I chose Touro and I’m getting my masters shortly at an older age than you. I also tried online. I need the classroom setting and online only worked when I did virtual classes, it can be great if you want to work on your own pace and not be tied to going someplace for the exam.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:27 am
Kudos to you all! I’m in my 40’s and want to do this as well! What were your hours at touro?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:28 am
OP- I think pace has a womens only cohort once a wk at night- I dont know who arranges that though.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:29 am
Touro has hours specifically for working adults. I chose as many Sunday classes as I could that fit into my degree plan. They have evenings every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries