Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Will most Anti-Vax parents vaccinate or homeschool?
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 11:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Probably some families will move to New Jersey.

Not my town no school here accepts them

momsrus

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 11:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
New Jersey still honors religious exemptions so they can go to public school.

LOL LOL LOL

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:40 am
One family I know was planning on home schooling before this because the schools were making it hard for them
They will not vaccinate. But they are also crunchy in every way. Not just vaccinating.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:56 am
I know of at least 2 families who are moving to Israel so as not to have to vaccinate their kids. Can't see it working out well; the family I know is not mainstream as it is and the kids are already older and not Hebrew speakers . So sad that the parents (really it's the mother who is the driving force) who will jeopardize their children's success and happiness because a dogmatic disproven shita.

Rappel

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:07 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I know of at least 2 families who are moving to Israel so as not to have to vaccinate their kids. Can't see it working out well; the family I know is not mainstream as it is and the kids are already older and not Hebrew speakers . So sad that the parents (really it's the mother who is the driving force) who will jeopardize their children's success and happiness because a dogmatic disproven shita.

Oh, G-d, no...

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:18 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Their kids are fine of course

Are you sure??? The tantrum their toddler threw the morning after getting the mmr shot was because of that. His behavior was perfect until then.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:18 am
DH actually wants to homeschool for the longest time ever because of reasons totally unrelated to vaccines. (He feels like kids in most schools are put into a box that is too small for them-not just in Yiddishkeit areas, but in learning styles, etc.) We never did it because it so unconventional, but if it becomes the norm, we may consider.
I think you'll have a variety of families reacting by moving, homeschooling and vaccinating.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 2:38 am
yksraya wrote:
Monroe is in orange county. The schools here ask parents to send the immunization records when enrolling the kids.

Same with camp, they ask for the records.
Formally, they do ask for records. But it can't be forged, because as I've mentioned, they verify the records with the State. As a matter of fact, I just got a letter from the vaccination dept in the school that my son whose 11 year birthday was now in May, is due for the menn. shot...They are very on top of shots. Rabbi Kohn mamesh made it his life destiny....

They had to honor religious exemptions till past Thursday; that's over for now. There were two "rabbis" here, one Leifer and one Cohen who issued those exemptions.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 2:56 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Formally, they do ask for records. But it can't be forged, because as I've mentioned, they verify the records with the State. As a matter of fact, I just got a letter from the vaccination dept in the school that my son whose 11 year birthday was now in May, is due for the menn. shot...They are very on top of shots. Rabbi Kohn mamesh made it his life destiny....

They had to honor religious exemptions till past Thursday; that's over for now. There were two "rabbis" here, one Leifer and one Cohen who issued those exemptions.

It's not over till its over. It won't go into effect for another year.

BH5745

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 4:18 am

Say what!?! Moving to Eretz Yisroel! What an awful thought! How will a JEW survive in ISRAEL! Wow, that is a cray thought LOL

Or maybe, just maybe... Hashem wants them (and other Jews?) to make aliyah? Nah, can't possibly be!

BH5745

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 4:21 am
flowerpower wrote:
Are you sure??? The tantrum their toddler threw the morning after getting the mmr shot was because of that. His behavior was perfect until then.

It's behaviour, not "behavior." You honestly think this is a useful comment?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 4:39 am

Well I hope they find out that the Israelis are getting on the case and almost every maon (creche) in my area is demanding kids be fully vaccinated as a condition for acceptance

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 5:15 am

So really what you mean is SOME schools in SOME cities don’t ask for medical records.
Someone posted about a doctor in BP who was forging medical records so kids could go to school. Do you think she made that up?
My kids schools ALL ask for medical records, and if they are not received by a certain time, or they are not up to date, children are not allowed into school.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:50 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
It's not over till its over. It won't go into effect for another year.

Huh? The repeal of the religious exemption is effective immediately with parents given 30 days to give at least one of each vaccine in the series.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:53 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
So really what you mean is SOME schools in SOME cities don’t ask for medical records.
Someone posted about a doctor in BP who was forging medical records so kids could go to school. Do you think she made that up?
My kids schools ALL ask for medical records, and if they are not received by a certain time, or they are not up to date, children are not allowed into school.

A doctor can fradulently write phoney medical exemptions for a hefty fee. It worked for awhile in California until the government realized that a few doctors issued the majority of medical exemptions and now they are cracking down.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:57 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Huh? The repeal of the religious exemption is effective immediately with parents given 30 days to give at least one of each vaccine in the series.

Parents have until June 2020 to have gotten at least the first dose of each series.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:12 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I can only speak for my kids' school. To prevent fraud, they use the State records to verify immunizations. I wonder if there could be fraud there. The peds in our community are very outspokenly pro shots.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:15 am
southernbubby wrote:
A doctor can fradulently write phoney medical exemptions for a hefty fee. It worked for awhile in California until the government realized that a few doctors issued the majority of medical exemptions and now they are cracking down.

The person I quoted said doctors can’t fudge records. I’m saying, like you, of course they can, and as an example, I sprite of one doctor that someone wrote about here.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:15 am
I can only speak for my kids' school. To prevent fraud, they use the State records to verify immunizations. I wonder if there could be fraud there. The peds in our community are very outspokenly pro shots.

Then you should change your *news flash* post, because it’s quite condescending, and also not what you meant.

happyness

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:25 am
Ema of 4 wrote:

That was me. I actually overheard by a kiddush on Shabbos that a guy operating under a doctor's license was caught taking bloodwork from one immune sibling and using it to prove immunity for those that aren't immune.

And I wrote how someone that works in schools asked the kid straight out if she got the shot, and she said "no, my brother went to the doctor"

So, it is true, and even more than that, this is working in terms of forgery, as the state is getting forged records from doctors.
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics