Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Teething relief recommendations

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:53 am
My 1 year old seems to be teething again. I think it’s his molars this time (I’m feeling 3 bulges so maybe 3 at once!). He’s woken up crying the last three nights which he never does. Is there something I can do for him? I was told orajel has very bad ingredients so that’s out. He’s teething for a while so I’m worried about giving Advil for too many nights in a row. I try to give ice during the day but don’t know what to do to help him at night. Any tips? I remember hearing about a natural teething remedy maybe sold in the health food stores but I don’t remember what it’s called.

Any tips appreciated.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:59 am
Have you tasted Oragel? That stuff is NASTY! I'd cry too if I had that in my mouth. Puke

There are natural, organic brands out there, like Dr. Fisher's.

When DD was 2, she got her second molars in, and loved to gnaw on frozen green beans for relief. One is too young for that because of choking hazards. See if you can find teething toys that can be put in the freezer.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:09 am
Give him motrin. The teething reliefs don't help much, especially when the molars are coming in.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:17 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Give him motrin. The teething reliefs don't help much, especially when the molars are coming in.

Every night? This is going on for weeks thoughts he’s been waking up crying just the last 3 nights.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:20 am
If he's in pain, crying, and not sleepimg give him motrin every night. (That's what I do, you can make sure with your doctor just to be on the safe side.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:30 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
If he's in pain, crying, and not sleepimg give him motrin every night. (That's what I do, you can make sure with your doctor just to be on the safe side.)

He wakes up crying. He doesn’t go to sleep crying.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:56 am
oragel is not safe it was taken off the shelves. I give Tylenol/ Motrin every night right before she goes to sleep. It’s the only way to have a calm night. Motrin lasts longer. Some nights nothing helps. My baby has been doing this for the past 2 months. Bh the fourth molar is about to break through.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:24 pm
I've heard that a small cloth soaked in wine or liquor can help. Obviously a small amount and not for so long. But this might just be one of those outdated things.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:57 pm
Motrin is a lifesaver. Better than Tylenol IMO. I’m not an MD but don’t see why one dose for a few nights in a row would be harmful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics