Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Help keeping jumper straps from slipping down

shanie5

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:32 pm
DDIL asked me to post this question. Her dd (my dgd) has a jumper or 2 where the straps constantly fall off her shoulders. Anyone have any ideas how to keep them in place (without sewing them down)?

Come to think of it, I have a dress that does the same thing, so I guess I'm posting for me too.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:36 pm
Would you sew in an invisible snap under each strap? Otherwise sew in a grippy material at the shoulders. Or most simple and no sewing necessary, cross the shoulder straps in the back, before closing the buttons for them in the front.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

jj1236

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:37 pm
I sent my daughter to school with those types of straps and the morahs put it in like a knot to tighten it and it totally helped!

flapsmom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:58 pm
Double sided tape meant for clothing.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:52 pm
ra_mom-a snap limits the jumper to one top, and the top to the jumper. Not a great option.
Straps are sewn in, not buttoned or snapped, so can't cross them. They are also on the short side, so I doubt there is room to cross them if we decided to take it apart and resew.

jj1256-it's a shabbos jumper, tying knots takes away from the pretty look.

flapsmom-is that sew-in tape, or just meant per wearing? sewin is possible, per wearing won't work for shabbos.

Any other ideas?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:33 pm
Safety pins.

unexpected

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:43 pm
on the shoulder of one (or all?) of her tops, sew a loop of thread to make a kind of belt loop that you can push the strap through. It takes a minute and if you use the same color thread you won't see it all.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:43 pm
If it falls, the jumper is probably too big on top. Try tacking it down in the back about 1/2 or 3/4 inch.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:14 pm
Snaps can be sewn into multiple tops and worn with the same jumper. Use white sewing chalk to mark the spots one each top that lines up with the snap on the jumper straps, before sewing the matching part on the top.

Same idea would be sewing loops onto the tops and threading the jumper straps through them.

missknowitall

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 11:17 pm
I crossed the straps in the back and sewed it where they met at the cross

sky

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:45 am
Put a piece of fabric or ribbon in the back between the 2 straps. High up below the kneck. Like to create a ‘H’
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics