Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Will most Anti-Vax parents vaccinate or homeschool?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 9  10  11  Next

whewpy

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:58 am
The law states thAt u have 30 days to give the first of each series of shots and have age appropriate spots to finish up. While its hard to get well visits now in June, I am sure that any dr office u call here in Brooklyn saying u want to bring ur child for shots, will make time for u. All drs are very intent on this right now

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:32 am
I would imagine that most childhood vaccines are available at health departments and no appointments are needed.

Here in Monsey, there are a bunch of free MMR clinics.

I would contact the local health department.

cbg

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:30 am
meme6 wrote:
homeschooling in NY is very hard it’s not easy at all I know some anti vaxxers looked Into it already

What is difficult about homeschooling
I don’t live in ny

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:06 am
cbg wrote:
I don’t live in ny

Truancy laws?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:22 am
cbg wrote:
I don’t live in ny

There are a number of requirements that I'm assuming people might have difficulty complying with .
See this link :
https://www.time4learning.com/......html

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 10:56 am
Very many schools will allow the kids to come without proper immunization records so most will probably not need to make any changes at all. I doubt camps will be as lenient though.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:12 am
nchr wrote:
Very many schools will allow the kids to come without proper immunization records so most will probably not need to make any changes at all. I doubt camps will be as lenient though.

Yeah but didn't DeBlassio shutter 10 yeshivas for failing to document? I know of one OOT school where the teachers threatened to quit if non vaccinated kids where allowed to come.
Sleep away camps have a lot to lose if kids who are incubating board the bus.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:19 am
Maybe wrote:
We will challenge it in court, home-school co-op , or move to NJ . NEVER sacrifice our kids to the idol of molech.

This private upscale school is planning to relocate to NJ https://www.gmws.org/discovergreenmeadow

Please don't come nj especially to my nj community your anti vax veiws are not welcome here. Go buy an island take your friend build your own communities in open whatever School you may like.

momsrus

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:24 am
nchr wrote:

The schools will have to crack down. They will be shut down and fined.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:26 am
Maybe wrote:
We will challenge it in court, home-school co-op , or move to NJ . NEVER sacrifice our kids to the idol of molech.

This private upscale school is planning to relocate to NJ https://www.gmws.org/discovergreenmeadow

it's only a matter of time until the law is passed in NJ. they usually follow NY on these things. it's a pity for greenmeadows to leave their beautiful campus here.
one of the moms there told me that 45% are unvaccinated, so it would make sense if they wanna keep their school open.
just curious, how come they didn't have a measles outbreak in that school?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:29 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
it's only a matter of time until the law is passed in NJ. they usually follow NY on these things. it's a pity for greenmeadows to leave their beautiful campus here.
one of the moms there told me that 45% are unvaccinated, so it would make sense if they wanna keep their school open.
just curious, how come they didn't have a measles outbreak in that school?

Their kids probably were not exposed.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:57 am
momsrus wrote:
The schools will have to crack down. They will be shut down and fined.

I personally know that the schools are not concerned about the fines. The schools backed by an official organization can afford the fines rather than single out members and send their children home and more wishy washy schools without backing don't have the finances to actually be accountable for the fines. I know for a fact that very many schools will not be enforcing this, but I cannot say the same for camps.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:59 am
southernbubby wrote:
Yeah but didn't DeBlassio shutter 10 yeshivas for failing to document? I know of one OOT school where the teachers threatened to quit if non vaccinated kids where allowed to come.
Sleep away camps have a lot to lose if kids who are incubating board the bus.

Schools in Brooklyn will have a harder time than schools in Rockland, Sullivan and Orange Counties and it is likely upstate NY schools will overlook the new law and potential pay fines but not be shut down (although Satmar schools in Monroe will always have an easier time enforcing these rules because there are not so many "groups" to deal with and it is easier to achieve overall compliance)

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:00 pm
nchr wrote:
I personally know that the schools are not concerned about the fines. The schools backed by an official organization can afford the fines rather than single out members and send their children home and more wishy washy schools without backing don't have the finances to actually be accountable for the fines. I know for a fact that very many schools will not be enforcing this, but I cannot say the same for camps.

It's clear you're talking about Satmar, and that's it. Every other school is very concerned about the fines. I don't know how Satmar does it, but they don't care about anything.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:02 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
It's clear you're talking about Satmar, and that's it. Every other school is very concerned about the fines. I don't know how Satmar does it, but they don't care about anything.

Actually Satmar is very on top of vaccinations and hasn't allowed unvaccinated children in school for a long time. My nephews even get notes about flu vaccinations. Satmar is not at all what I am talking about. Satmar is also one of the easiest to get parental compliance from.

It's newer schools without a chassidis that are more likely to overlook this because they need their parental body and because many of them, even if fined, will never actually be held fiscally responsible because they lack the financial stability which was the case with the schools who were fined in Monsey. (Btw Satmar was never fined because they have a high vaccination rate and comply with DOH).

Last edited by nchr on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:03 pm
nchr wrote:
Actually Satmar is very on top of vaccinations and hasn't allowed unvaccinated children in school for a long time. My nephews even get notes about flu vaccinations. Satmar is not at all what I am talking about. Satmar is also one of the easiest to get parental compliance from.

I have no clue which Satmar you're talking about but the one I know didn't make a single hoot throughout this whole winter, had many unvaxxed kids coming to school, no 95% scare tactics, nothing. Somehow they take care of their own.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:06 pm
I have no clue which Satmar you're talking about but the one I know didn't make a single hoot throughout this whole winter, had many unvaxxed kids coming to school, no 95% scare tactics, nothing. Somehow they take care of their own.

They probably have above a 95% vaccination rate. None of the schools with above a 95% vaccination rate have kids out of school. That is why my brother's unvaxxed neighbors are in Belz and Bobov, although the girls were out of school for 10 days until the vaccination rate increased so they could return. Very few schools are still below that marker so unvaxxed kids were allowed to return.

In Monroe, the Rebbe of a huge percentage of individuals essentially told them to get out and leave unless they vax. Alternatively, Monroe only has 3 schools so it is easy to take control of any potential outbreaks and that indeed do not have many cases.

momsrus

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:18 pm
nchr wrote:
They probably have above a 95% vaccination rate. None of the schools with above a 95% vaccination rate have kids out of school. That is why my brother's unvaxxed neighbors are in Belz and Bobov, although the girls were out of school for 10 days until the vaccination rate increased so they could return. Very few schools are still below that marker so unvaxxed kids were allowed to return.

In Monroe, the Rebbe of a huge percentage of individuals essentially told them to get out and leave unless they vax. Alternatively, Monroe only has 3 schools so it is easy to take control of any potential outbreaks and that indeed do not have many cases.

that was until now. Things are changing. Without an exemption, they will need a immunization form, period.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:21 pm
momsrus wrote:
that was until now. Things are changing. Without an exemption, they will need a immunization form, period.

However, many schools will ignore this requirement. Fact. Especially newer schools without financial backing because even if fined, they will never be held fiscally responsible simply because there is no money. Camps will probably not ignore.

Vaccination rates will increase in most schools, but very many will ignore the requirement. It's naive to think that schools and individuals who are otherwise already ignoring government directives suddenly will be concerned about compliance.

yksraya

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:13 pm

I don't know which school you are referring to. The 2 local schools here are very on top of things. (3rd school is a small school, not sure about them).

No clue about the schools in other areas tho.
Page 5 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics