Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Menachem Schiff, speech therapist for Gemarah help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:11 am
Menachem Schiff is the name of a speech therapist that I heard of who helps boys break down the Gemarah (reading and comprehending) according to a system he developed. Has anyone had experience with him? Do you know the rates? Is there anyone else locally who does this sort of work? It does not need to be specifically a speech therapist.

Thanks!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:59 pm
I have not heard of him but it sounds very interesting. Is this a method for someone with a learning issue?
Who recommended him?
(I’m asking because I have an 8th grade son who is having a hard time with Gemara)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:57 am
Hi,

He was recommended to me by Rabbi Shaya Benstein. I have not yet spoken with him directly so I cant be sure exactly what his program encompasses but it should be helpful to children with learning differences.

Another option I am considering is an evaluation by Rabbi Sussman. he comes highly recommended by Rav Elya Brudny, Rabbi Ryback of Torah u Mesorah and Devorah Himy , Speech therapist. He evaluates the boy in an in depth manner over the course of 2 sessions, speaks with his rebbie and school staff and writes up a comprehensive report. after that, he can pair you up with a chavrusa who can address the areas of deficit and he maintains more of a supervisory position.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:54 pm
Menachem Schiff has a very nice method-find out if the Rebbe has to be on board as well. If a boy has a language issue, it should be address by speech therapists who specializes in that, like Devora Himy's group, as well as somebody who who can him Gemara. I don't think the Gemara tutor alone can remedy the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries