Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Kiddush Hashem

rachelmom1

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:06 am
I love hearing and sharing Kiddush Hashem stories. Can you indulge me with your favorite?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:54 am
The first time I toured the Old City in Jerusalem, there was a lot of tension around terrorist activity.

I heard someone running up behind me, yelling in a language I didn't understand. I tried to ignore it, and walk faster. Someone else stopped me, and said in English "You dropped some money. That guy is giving it back." 400 shekels! I'd left a compartment in my backpack open after buying something from a store, and that money was all that I had at the time. He could have kept it, and I never would have known. He disappeared into the crowd before I could even thank him.

I also had a cashier chase me out of a grocery store, yelling that she had short changed me, and wanted to give me the rest of my money.

So many other stories like that, I can't even list them all.

tsc3

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:06 am
Can't write anonymously but I hope I'm not recognized because I told so many ppl this story...
I don't live in the US and I was visiting. We went to Lakewood straight off the plane so my husband could daven shacharis. I was waiting in the car. It was school bus time and I was watching everyone rushing to drop their kids off and get to work, lots of traffic etc. Then I saw a father waiting for the school bus with his son. The bus pulled up and the father handed the non Jewish bus driver a steaming cup of coffee. I was blown away! It was the middle of the winter and freezing btw.

rachelmom1

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 10:16 am
I've seen a frum employee leave notes for coworkers who were having a rough time at work. It reflected really well on Jews in the workplace
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics