Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Should I take my teaching job back?

HelloG

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:16 am
I taught high school for two years. Once a week. I think that by now I have gotten my lessons down pat and don't need much preparing.
the pay is a joke. the workload is plenty- marking tests etc.
I have control over the classroom BH.
I am not working for the money.
I enjoy the outing, somewhat. I would find other places for an outing if I don't have this.
I don't always love the pressure of getting dressed and running out in the cold winter days and changing my schedule for this.
Why should I take my job back?
I can't decide. On one hand I can't find a valid reason to drop it but neither can I find a valid reason to keep it.
please help me.
what are the reasons you teach or would think someone should teach?

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:18 am
Don't teach. Find something else to get out and dressed for. From your post it doesn't seem as if you have a passion to give over a certain message or you really have compassion and feelings for the students well being, or that you really enjoy it. I'm not saying you're not a good person. Just find a different occupation. Bhatzlocha!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:35 am
No. You don't love teaching, and B"H you don't need the money. Find something that speaks to you.

HelloG

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:35 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Don't teach. Find something else to get out and dressed for. From your post it doesn't seem as if you have a passion to give over a certain message or you really have compassion and feelings for the students well being, or that you really enjoy it. I'm not saying you're not a good person. Just find a different occupation. Bhatzlocha!

makes sense. I never looked for the job. they begged me to come. I love the subject and if I may say so myself gave it over extremely clearly. I don't have feelings for the students because I teach them exactly once a week for 45 minutes. and many weeks they have off etc. I barely know their names. I didn't think that such a job is to make an impact and relationship with the students. am I getting this wrong?

do other teachers also feel like their student's are sitting in class cuz they must and they'd rather be anywhere else? this is what's turning me off the most.

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:45 am
Honestly the only rewarding thing about teaching for me, and I am a great teacher, is relationships with the kids. I've done a job like yours before and it's not worth it to me.

HelloG

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:47 am
trixx wrote:
Honestly the only rewarding thing about teaching for me, and I am a great teacher, is relationships with the kids. I've done a job like yours before and it's not worth it to me.

appreciate your response!

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:07 pm
AmGold wrote:
makes sense. I never looked for the job. they begged me to come. I love the subject and if I may say so myself gave it over extremely clearly. I don't have feelings for the students because I teach them exactly once a week for 45 minutes. and many weeks they have off etc. I barely know their names. I didn't think that such a job is to make an impact and relationship with the students. am I getting this wrong?

do other teachers also feel like their student's are sitting in class cuz they must and they'd rather be anywhere else? this is what's turning me off the most.

This probably describes most teens, honestly. But if you're teaching a once a week class I'm not sure how much motivation you can realistically expect to see, unless it's an extra curricular that students voluntarily sign up for.

My husband teaches high school and finds it very rewarding, but he is full time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics