Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Would you dye grey hairs of 20yr old daughter
Previous  1  2  3

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:11 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I think DD needs a musser shmooze

headdesk

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:40 pm
Perhaps ask DD if she would like a boy with a bit more gray than her. If she says yes, then depending on your circles, perhaps let her stay with the grays. If she says no then she should color her hair.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 3:49 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Perhaps ask DD if she would like a boy with a bit more gray than her. If she says yes, then depending on your circles, perhaps let her stay with the grays. If she says no then she should color her hair.

So, if your 20-something year old yeshiva bocher son started going a little gray, would you recommend that he dye his hair and/or beard?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 6:11 pm
Boys aren’t allowed to according to Halacha- that we practice.

Once again... I’m not forcing her to do anything... simply discussing and asking for thoughts.

Appreciate your responses...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Boys aren’t allowed to according to Halacha- that we practice.

Once again... I’m not forcing her to do anything... simply discussing and asking for thoughts.

Appreciate your responses...

Thought:

Its a good opportunity to discuss risk based decision making.

shaqued_almond

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:30 pm
I had some gray hairs at 18 that completely vanished when I started taking a multivitamin regularly. Maybe she should check it out

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:00 pm
imasoftov wrote:
headdesk

Judging by the number of likes this is a humorus comment. Could someone explain it please?
Re the op- I would say once and once only that there are new hairsprays on the market that wash out in one wash for covering very hairs. If she agreed I would get it for her. If not I would drop it completely and take it as an opportunity to work on my own middos of acceptance and flexible thinking.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:03 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Judging by the number of likes this is a humorus comment. Could someone explain it please?

Headdesk ... Is internet jargon that means the previous/quoted comment is so absurd you are banging your head on your desk in exasperation.

It is the written version of this emoji Banging head

heidi

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:08 am
If your DD has "limitations" maybe she shouldn't be dating.
As we see from so many posters here not always are people with limitations cut out for marriage/parenthood.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:21 am
I was your daughter (went grey in my early twenties, was very confident and didn’t want to dye it but my mom “made me” do so for shidduchim...) I resented her pushing me to do it and in retrospect it was the wrong decision (because dh would have married me regardless, amongst other reasons).

I stopped dying it the minute I got engaged and never looked back. It’s many years later and I’ve been grey for years and love it. I also no longer resent my mom (not because I now realize it was the right thing to do, I still think it wasn’t, but because I’ve grown up and parented some children of my own and I realize she just wanted what was best for me and was doing the best she could...)

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:32 am
heidi wrote:
If your DD has "limitations" maybe she shouldn't be dating.
As we see from so many posters here not always are people with limitations cut out for marriage/parenthood.

That is her decision, not yours.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics