Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What's the stupidest thing you/your loved one did as a teen?

sushilover

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:34 pm
We've all done dumb things in our lives.
What's the worst thing you or someone you know did as a teenager and how has it impacted your life?

I'll start:
In 11th grade a friend and I went to Manhattan and had guy draw a caricature of us. It started to rain, so he told us to follow him to shelter. We followed him to an abandoned subway station, finished the drawing and then haggled with him about the price. Hashem watches fools! BH nothing happened.

On a more serious note, my ninth grade class tortured a teacher (giggling, name calling, chutzpah) until she cried. We apologized and were forgiven, but it still haunts me.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:43 pm
When I was 16, a friend of mine and I ran away from home. We hitchhiked from California to New Mexico on diesel trucks. B'H, our drivers were all decent guys who lectured us the whole way about how stupid we were, and how lucky we were that we didn't end up dead in a ditch somewhere.

Kids think they are immortal. Confused

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:52 pm
When I was 16 I stayed overnight in an empty house with a 20 year old guy. Luckily he didn't do more than kiss me (I wish I hadn't been so stupid!).

I also shoplifted (and got caught).

I'm so grateful to Hashem that I've come so far!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

I'm so grateful to Hashem that I've come so far!

I know, right? Every day is a gift from Hashem, because according to logic I should never have lived this long.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:10 pm
I rode in a car where there were 11 of us crammed into a 7 seater (we were all teens, including the driver, who was newly licensed).

Hitchhiked in a foreign country.

Spent a Shabbos with a few other teens, no parental supervision. Did not end well for me, unfortunately, as one of the guys in the group raped me that Shabbos.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:26 pm
My brother heard a friend say something lewd about our sister. He beat the kid up and actually broke his arm.
The parents understandably wanted to press charges, I have no idea how my parents convinced them not to.

My brother is now the sweetest, most mild mannered man you'll ever meet.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:45 pm
When I was 16 I had an office job at a sleepaway camp. The entire camp went on a trip to a place I wasn't interested in, so I and another few people stayed behind on camp grounds. In the afternoon one of them convinced me to join her on a hike to another camp down the road where her aunt was staying for the summer. So we snuck out through the back gate of the camp grounds and walked for a LONG time on deserted roads with nothing on us besides a small water bottle. Not a cell phone, or ID etc.
We are lucky we managed to get back to camp safely before the evening. It was just getting dark when we arrived. I still can't get over how irresponsible of me that was. But the thrill of sneaking out was amazing .

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 5:56 pm
When I was 15-16 I was waiting for a citibus to go home from a wedding around 11 at night. It was a very cold night. After waiting a while a man stopped and offered me a ride. I took it. I knew I was doing something wrong, he told me what I did was wrong. I got home safely Bh bit I was an idiot.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 6:56 pm
Had FaceTime zex with a guy I didn’t know. Did this with 2 guys and I still am mortified at the thought of it.
Lots of other stuff but too many will be identifying as I was a well known teenager

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:04 pm
Drove without a license
Drove with many more passengers than there were seats in the car
Set off the school fire alarm as a prank

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:19 pm
My mother had a cabinet of natural supplements (think primrose oil, echinacea, vitamin C).

I thought that natural = safe. And for some reason it didn't occur to me to ask what they were for. So I'd randomly take one at a time to see what happened.

In a fit of curiousity, I took one pill from each one night to see what would happen.

Nothing happened, lol.

Last edited by ectomorph on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:21 pm
I also threatened suicide and I feel beyond horrible about that, I must have frightened my dear father terribly. I feel so so bad that I put him through that worry.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:27 pm
I didn’t have my license yet, only my permit and took a friend who had none driving.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:32 pm
Omg, these stories are nuts! Some real daredevils here... I was the staid one who never did anything overly dangerous.

I did plenty of stupid things, but not in an "I am immortal" kind of way.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 7:36 pm
I drove while very tired.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children