Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Hand me down shoes for toddler, yay or nay?
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:30 pm
SuperWify wrote:
My toddler wore his first shoe for literally 6 weeks @$80. I really can’t save it for the next or at least give it away?

What about all those shoes we send to EY? are you saying they all have bad feet or is this just for toddler years?

Why on earth would you spend $80 on a pair of shoes for a toddler, unless the toddler has some sort of orthopedic issue?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:42 pm
mig100 wrote:
this post makes me laugh

this is not a black and white issue.

as we have seen many times on imamother- everyone has different priorities when it comes to spending money.

personally- I wouldn not throw out a perfectly good pair of shoes- that got outgrown after 6 weeks. im sure many ( especially those who accept from shoe drives) would be thrilled to receive them.

no one is saying (at least not how I understood them) that if you were used shoes you will be doomed to have bad feet. used shoes are not poisen. for a toddler that is beginning to walk -some people find the fit to be more important than an older child. the child may also not be able to express if the shoes dont fit properly so its improtant to have them fit.

I think the question would be better phrased:

"how important is it to buy brand new shoes that were fit by an expert fitter for a toddler?" "would you take the risk of giving your toddler second hand shoes that may not fit as well if you could afford new ones?"

personally id prioritzie spending money on new shoes for a toddler and have them wear all hand-me -down clothing. though im not saying this should neccessarily be the top priority for everyone.

Honey I’m not going to run find those shoes and throw them in the bin because imamother said so. Just trying to understand those that do.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 4:44 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Why on earth would you spend $80 on a pair of shoes for a toddler, unless the toddler has some sort of orthopedic issue?

Wow how sweet of you to worry how I spend my money. Mi kiamcha yisrael. Whistling Whistling Whistling

mig100

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 10:23 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Honey I’m not going to run find those shoes and throw them in the bin because imamother said so. Just trying to understand those that do.

haha LOL LOL

im so releived to hear that!!

I thought we live our life by what imamother says done we LOL LOL

honestly - superwify- you dont sound like the type to live your life based on what some annon women on the internet say.. I do shutter sometimes reading posts and wondering how many actually do...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics