Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
First time mom of 9 month old
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 10:02 am
thunderstorm wrote:
When I was at my pediatrician at my daughters 9 month visit and my daughter waved and said "Hi" and then proceeded to show the doctor she knows the sounds of animals , as in "What does a cow say?" And she answered "moo". The doctor told me that is extremely advanced and they don't expect babies at that age to have the language skills yet.
They checked to see if the baby picks things up and transfers from one hand to the other . If she is crawling etc. To me your baby sounds totally fine in terms of the babbling. At that age it's also normal for them not to handle finger foods well enough that they push it into their mouth with the back of their hands etc .

Wow that's very advanced for a 9 month old, my 15 month old isn't up to that yet.
It's interesting because a friend has a baby a few days older than him and she started crawling months after him but she walks perfectly now and mine is still learning. Every baby runs their own schedule

ggdm

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 6:48 pm
Every baby has her own pace! My little dragon at 9 months was very much interested in crawling around, pulling up, and eating lots of veggies. A friend's baby of the same age was only then starting to turn on the back and not eating anything. 4 months later a word for me has not yet happened (but he is bilingual and I don't expect him to talk for quite a while). He is also not winking, clapping or shaking the head or anything like that. My friend's baby did all of that at 9/10 months. It will all come in time. Don't worry.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:50 am
SHES NINE!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics