Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cliff Walk, Newport, Rhode Island

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:05 am
1- Is there any danger whatsoever? I read a review saying some spots may be dangerous but there was no example of whats dangerous.

2- I see it takes 2 hours and I think theres no place to rest. Does it make sense to do half of the walk?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/At......html

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:18 am
I did the cliff walk. It’s beautiful. The first half is pretty much gravel pathways. There is some huge grassy areas by the mansions. They are not official stops and I’m not sure if there are benches but you can defInitely sit on the grass.
The second part is more difficult and more fun. You are climbing on big rocks not a path. I did it last around 7 years ago with people age 6-50.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:21 am
As above,'it's 2 parts. The first is just a walk and you can turn back anytime. The second is scaling rocks, abutting the ocean. I guess there's a risk there but only if you're a daredevil and do something dumb. If you skip the second part you can exit and walk back through local streets (and adjacent to the mansions)

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:26 am
As far as danger, if someone isnt on drugs, etc, or very shlemazeldik, would it be possible to fall into the water?

Do people 55+ have difficulty doing the second part?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:28 am
amother wrote:
As far as danger, if someone isnt on drugs, etc, or very shlemazeldik, would it be possible to fall into the water?

The water is a great distance away. You'd have to be a daredevil and intentionally take a risk to fall in

My mom wasn't comfortable doing the second part. My sister and I went ahead and did some of it without her

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:35 am
amother wrote:

You would have to be doing something intentional to get hurt. I’m sure it’s possible to trip and get a bruise if you are extremely clumsy. Someone above 55 can definitley do the second part but if they don’t like hiking I wouldn’t recommend it

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:00 am
Bumping up this thread. Can I bring a stroller on the cliff walk

alwayscooking

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:25 am
We definitely did and was manageable

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 2:39 pm
For sure on the first part. I live in Rhode Island and I drag my kids there all the time. I wouldn't bring a kid in a dinky lightweight travel stroller, but something like a baby jogger or a mountain buggy. (I have a city mini-- that's what I've been taking kids in for years)

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:57 am
A stroller might be difficult on the rocky section, no matter how rugged it's made. We were there recently, and DH carried our youngest over some of the sections with less secure footing, and got through it with no issues. It was absolutely beautiful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics