Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Just for fun - funniest thing you've used as a headcovering
Previous  1  2  3

perquacky

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:30 pm
A challah cover.
It was erev Shabbos. My hair was clean. Honest!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:46 pm
at havdala time the kids are usually asleep so I scramble around for anythin near--challa cover, toy box, grocery bag, my entire head inside my shirt...lol

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:54 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Ive witnessed funniest sight. A kallah during her sheva bruchos, her wig flew off while dancing. She was in such panic that she ran out with the sheital in her hand & a clean shaven head

Not so funny for the poor kallah

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:27 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Not so funny for the poor kallah

yes it was pathetic, nobody was laughing. Everyone felt really sorry for her.
She was dancing with the rebbetzin, no less

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 11:12 pm
I once stayed at a kosher hotel years ago, when on shabbos morning we were awoken to banging on the room doors that there was a fire and we needed to evacuate. Was interesting to see what everyone had thrown on, but the best was a couple walking together and the woman had her husbands orange boxers on her head!!

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 11:44 pm
Just wondering how does one go about covering their hair with a pair of tights?

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:02 am
Usually take my head covering off once I'm sure I won't be leaving the house for the rest of the day, but I try to keep a snood by the door in case someone comes by. Of course, that snood is not always where it's supposed to be when I need it, so I've gotten creative and used many of the things listed above. One Friday night, the kids were in bed and I was reading on the couch in my pajamas, so no head covering, plus I was in a t shirt and pants, when there was a knock on the door. My husband went to get it and I heard his brother's voice in the hall, he needed to borrow something. The only thing I had handy was the couch blanket, so I just wrapped my entire body (except my face) in it. LOL

soap suds

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:53 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Ive witnessed funniest sight. A kallah during her sheva bruchos, her wig flew off while dancing. She was in such panic that she ran out with the sheital in her hand & a clean shaven head

It's pretty difficult for a sheitel to fly off ones head when freshly shaved. What kind of crazy wild dancing was she doing - and with the rebbitzen no less - that would make her sheitel fly offlike that?

cbsp

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:54 am
hodeez wrote:

This is how to do it with leggings but I'm guessing the principle is the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....=306s

Grafix

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 5:03 am
It was late Friday night once when I was lounging on the couch with DH, and in walked our guests! We thought they had gone to bed already, but apparently they went for a stroll...
Out of instinct I dunk my head under DH tzitzis, although in hindsight I'm not sure what was more embarrassing! Can't Believe It

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 6:39 pm
4 layers of sheer hairnets. Then they weren't sheer anymore.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 8:39 am
I wasn't going to join this thread because I don't think I've ever worn anything funny and then I remembered I always do...a potato sack Surprised . No, not a real one. I'm married over 20 years and when I got married, I wanted to wear an Israeli type tichel in the house like my mother wore. No one really wore it in those days. Most people wore snoods. Since that's what my mil wore, that's what my husband was used to and liked. He said he didn't like tichels, so I wore a snood. This was and is only in the house. Outdoors I cover differently and I don't always cover indoors, only when people are over. Now after 20 years his mother wears pre-tied tichels and I still wear snoods. I never discussed it with my dh, but I'm guessing he still doesn't like tichels and besides he doesn't care if I don't cover my hair at all. It's not a big deal because like I said, it's only indoors.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:54 pm
hodeez wrote:

OMG I wish I knew how to post videos. It's sooooo funny. But basically what you do is put the waist part on your head and then wrap the legs turban style and tuck in the ends.

I've done everything on this thread. even my kids pajama pants. They love when I've got their astronaut pajamas as a turban.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:42 pm
Your husband is not allowed to make a bracha if your hair isn’t covered? I never cover my hair at the Friday night meal.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:22 am
Morning after my wedding... oops, didn't pack a snood and my sheitel was still waiting to be picked up at the sheitel macher, about an hour and a half away from the hotel.
I wrapped a black T shirt around my head. That's how I left the hotel with my new husband of one night. We looked grand Very Happy

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:15 am
A towel... During the pushing stage of my first birth, I got so hot and sweaty that I threw off the hospital gown and my snood. When the baby was born, my husband wanted to take pictures but couldn't find my snood! So the nurse draped a towel over my head Laugh

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:16 am
I was newly married and We went to a hotel with my in laws, I forgot to bring along a snood. I was going to go to sleep with a bathing cap, when dh asked his mother if she brought along an extra one, and she did. It was a pretty embarrassing situation.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:25 am
Lol a head towel
A hoodie on a sweatshirt or robe
A bag
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics