Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos in Tannersville, NY ?

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:03 am
Hey ladies! Thinking about spending a long weekend in Tannersvile, NY this summer. Has anyone spent shabbos in Tannersville, NY? If so where did you stay and what did you do for food? (Did you bring food from home or are there hotels that provide shabbos meals?)

Thank you!

doctorima

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:19 am
I've spent Shabbos there - it's lovely! There are 2 frum-owned hotels - Greene Mountain View Inn and Country K Suites. You stay in their rooms, and they have large communal dining rooms where every family gets its own table. You can bring your own food (I believe they provide a hot plate), or they offer Shabbos meal packages that you can pay for. There's another frum-owned hotel called Springwell Manor about 1-2 miles down the road; it's self-contained as has its own shul, but I haven't stayed there so don't know much about it. Otherwise, you can get an AirBNB or stay at one of the other small non-Jewish hotels in the area.

The beauty though is in the natural surroundings and the diverse friendly community; many of the lodging options are somewhat rustic, some better than others. If you want modern and higher-end, AirBNB is the way to go. Book early, because they sell out fast.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:14 pm
Do not go th Greene mountain view in!!
It was horrible and the guy taking care of it was horrible too!
We ordered shabbos food through them and they didn't provide food! He said he forgot! An hour before shabbos he stared pulling things out of the freezer it was discussing! The rooms are horrible and there was no Ereiv so if you go with young kids your stuck in the hotel the whole time and there is no toys/playground
I would not recommend for a family with kids!

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 9:06 pm
I searched online, Country K looks like a grocery. Which hotels are there in the area? Want clean!

nchr

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 9:08 pm
It's a great place - wonderful warm feel.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:12 am
Country K is a grocery store that also has rooms for rent in the back. There are no chain hotels there, just the 2 frum-owned places and some small local motels and B&Bs. Your best bet may be AirBNB or VRBO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics