Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food in/near Calabasas?

momaleh

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:33 pm
My husband is traveling to CA and staying at a hotel in Calabasas - can anyone recommend kosher restaurants and takeout nearby?
Thank you!

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 3:45 pm
momaleh wrote:
My husband is traveling to CA and staying at a hotel in Calabasas - can anyone recommend kosher restaurants and takeout nearby?
Thank you!

There's not that much nearby. Toast Cafe is in Sherman Oaks, and it has delicious israeli style dairy.

Orange Delight is also in Sherman Oaks, and has Chinese and hamburgers.

Depends where he is in Calabasas, Fish Grill right by Malibu Beach is delicious.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:10 pm
Pizza nosh is in agoura. There may be a coffee bean with kosher food nearby- will be to go sandwiches and salads, nothing fancy

momaleh

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 12:02 am
Thank you so much for the help!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:24 am
We also enjoyed the pizza place in Agoura, and if he's willing to travel a little farther, Tierra Sur in Oxnard is considered to be one of, if not the best, kosher restaurant in the US.

momaleh

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 3:53 am
I told him about Tierra Sur, I hope he goes so I can live through it vicariously Smile

Ok Calabasas friends! I did a search and Super Sal, Mega Glatt Mart and Encino Market are all about equal distance from his hotel. Can anyone recommend one over the others? Are they all about the same? Specifically for takeout, but in what kinds of products they have? Maybe PM me if you have an opinion. thank you!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:53 am
Forgot to add - Tierra del Sur has completely different menus for lunch and dinner. Lunch is a lot cheaper, but a more basic menu. Dinner costs more, but that's when the chef really shines. We were machmir and went for both! Smile

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:00 am
momaleh wrote:
I told him about Tierra Sur, I hope he goes so I can live through it vicariously Smile

Ok Calabasas friends! I did a search and Super Sal, Mega Glatt Mart and Encino Market are all about equal distance from his hotel. Can anyone recommend one over the others? Are they all about the same? Specifically for takeout, but in what kinds of products they have? Maybe PM me if you have an opinion. thank you!

Super Sal is great and they have delicious take out.
Jerusalem Pizza in Tarzana may deliver, as may the place in Agoura. Call and ask.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:20 pm
Tierra sur has amazing service, I was once there & nothing on the menu caught my eye so they made me something else on the spot.
The food was so good & I'm a very picky person.

momaleh

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 4:53 pm
Amazing, thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics