Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Worried- doctor gave shots when my baby had ear infection

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:34 am
My one year old was due for shots so I took him on Thursday. I told him to check him first and he said he sees some fluid in his ear but he can still get his shots. Yesterday ge woke up with fever and he’d been waking up crying every night since Thursday night so I took him in again. And turns out he has an ear infection. Now I’m worried that he got the shots when he wasn’t in perfect health. Anyone have commentary on this?

nchr

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:20 am
Ear infections are mild illnesses. Doctors can successfully give vaccines to children with ear infections. I wouldn't bat an eye. Some of his fever may be from the shots so just give him fluids, fever reducers and love and IYH he will be fine.

mommy12

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:23 am
My one year got her shots when she had a double ear infection (we didn't know it until after). She ran a fever that night but then was fine the next day.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:21 am
I'm an anti-vaxxer (that gives MMR).

Chances are still very low that something will happen. I wouldn't do it again, but I wouldn't worry too much about it either.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:43 am
Like others mentioned, my pediatrician told me more than once that with an ear infection there is no concern about vaccinating at the same time. Other illnesses they would hold off on
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics