Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Yet another vaccine question
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:43 am
Generally I would say it’s ok to have him over as long as he is not sick at all. But If you live in an area where there is an outbreak , I would say to be extra careful not to take the infant out or have unnecessary visitors, especially the unvaccinated.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:48 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Personally I wouldn't have someone unvaccinated over if I had a child too young to get vaccines . He could be contagious before he feels sick.

Absolutely false. One cannot spread a disease they themselves don't have.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:49 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I have asked and researched. People with measles can be contagious up to 4 days before symptoms start

Up to 4 days before the RASH starts.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 8:50 am
But unless the kid begins showing symptoms at night, who is to say that he won't develop symptoms while he is at school or daycare? It would seem to me that many exposures happened that way.
Until recently was seeing listings of possible exposure sites where the measles patients had been in the early hours of the illness but although I see that the numbers of cases are still climbing, I have not seen reports of where the patients went.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:03 am
southernbubby wrote:
But unless the kid begins showing symptoms at night, who is to say that he won't develop symptoms while he is at school or daycare? It would seem to me that many exposures happened that way.
Until recently was seeing listings of possible exposure sites where the measles patients had been in the early hours of the illness but although I see that the numbers of cases are still climbing, I have not seen reports of where the patients went.

the talk is about a neighbor coming over to play

polka dots

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:53 am
I think I will try to find out if the child had the measles already. If he did I can totally relax.
If not I will have him over but if I see he is having any symptoms, send him home.
Thank you all for your replies
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics