Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Chicken soup recipe from chasidish or heimish homes?
1  2  3  4  Next

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:32 pm
I’m looking for a specific recipe for a certain chicken soup that’s served in chasidish homes.
Basically it’s a clear soup with a carrot floating in it and noodles are added separately. It’s the yummiest thing. Does anybody know what I’m talking about and care to share the recipe? I’m way too nervous to ask people lol.

nchr

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:33 pm
Almost everyone I know who is chassidish puts zucchini in their soup as well. Everyone has a different recipe and does their own thing! You should call the people whose soup you enjoyed and flatter them by asking for the recipe.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:37 pm
I never knew there's chassidish chicken soup and regular chicken soup.
I put in my soup all sorts of veggies, as does everyone I know.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:41 pm
Oh goodness xD I didn’t know. Idk! I grew up eating a very different type of chicken soup (with every veggie in the soup and the chicken leg) so I guess I’m just confused. Lol

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:44 pm
The broth gets strained from the rest of the chicken and vegetables and only carrots get served in the bowl with it, with optional noodles. Smile

almostlettinggo

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:51 pm
Here's the thing. Everyone's chicken soup is basically same recipe. Some put different veggies than others. I'll give you my recipe Very Happy. 6-8 quart pot. 2 pkg. Bones. Add water until 3/4 full pot. Add 3-4 tbsp salt. Bring to a boil. Clean soup by skimming gook off the top until almost no frothiness. Lower flame to slow simmer. After a couple hours add 3 ribs celery 2-3 big carrots 1 parsnip 1 big squash small knob celery peeled and cut into quarters. Slow cook for another 2-3 hours. Comes out delicious golden chicken soup. Enjoy!

crust

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:52 pm
To a 6 Qt. Pot add;

1 pk Chicken bones
4-5 big carrots
1/2 onion
2-3 cloves garlic
3 celery stalks
1 sm. Turnip
A few black pepper balls
2 teaspoons salt

Bring to a boil but don't overboil because it makes the soup 'cloudy'.

Cook on a medium flame for two to three hours.

I throw out the bones.
I sometimes use chicken instead of bones.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 12:24 am
1 package chicken bones
3 carrots
1 squash
3 stalks celery
Small knob celery
1 onion
2 large parsnips

Put all the vegetables besides for carrots in a sack and boil bag. When water boils add the chicken bones in a Sack and boil bag as well. Simmer on low the whole day... about 10 hours.

When it’s done take out the bones and sack of vegetables. And you have a clear chicken soup with carrots floating around.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 1:49 am
each family is different
zucchini I've never seen

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 1:52 am
For authentic chassidishe soup, strain your broth through a 70 denier beige stocking

Wink

acemom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:32 am
Israeli_C wrote:
For authentic chassidishe soup, strain your broth through a 70 denier beige stocking

Wink

LOL

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:46 am
People don’t put in fresh herbs? Fresh parsley and dill MAKE a chicken soup to me

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:53 am
Tip: put your chicken/bones - in a net bag. Can be bought in any Jewish supermarket in Brooklyn/monsey/lkwd etc.
It'll keep the soup clear.

I usually add-
Chicken or bones in a net bag
Carrots - 6
Squash - 4
Celery
Knob celery- 1
Fresh dill and parsley -( tied up with thread- toss it when soup is done cooking)
1 sweet potatoe peeled and cut in half- gives it a nice taste.
Salt. I start with 2 tbsp and then adjust according to taste.

Cover with water. Cook for approx 4 hrs. Give or take.

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:55 am
I guess the desire for a good chicken soup recipe is near-universal:

[img][/img]

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 10:58 am
Fresh dill, lots of fresh garlic, lots of jumbo carrots, parsnip, zucchini and sweet potato.

aliavi

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:05 am
Jamie Gellar has a thorough explanation of making clear chicken soup so check that out.

My family prefers only carrot and noodle with the really cooked down golden broth. No celery.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:07 am
I make mine with 2 packs of chicken bones or about 6 chicken legs with skin removed

1 onion
4 frozen crushed garlic
3-4 loose carrots cut in half
2 turnips cut into quarters
4 stalks celery
1-2 zuchinni cut into quarters
1 parsnip
Dry parsley or frozen parsley cubes to taste
Water to fill the pot until the handles
Cover , bring to a boil. Remove cover add salt to taste ( a liberal amount. I eyeball it)
Lower frame on very low , cover and simmer for a minimum of 3-4 hours. Cool completely.
Through a fine mesh strainer or fat skimmer strain the soup into plastic storage containers to freeze. Put one carrot spear into each 32 oz container.
If serving the soup fresh enjoy the soup with the other veggies. I serve it with the single carrot. Sometimes I add a little zuchinni into the containers before I freeze , but usually not.

crust

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:42 pm
pesek zman wrote:
People don’t put in fresh herbs? Fresh parsley and dill MAKE a chicken soup to me

I used to love it but the checking became too much of a task.

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:19 pm
Secret is low flame overnight.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:24 pm
pesek zman wrote:

My mother in law makes hers with herbs. My kids won't touch it because it has "green stuff" floating at the top.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus