Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Less regular shaitel, more long/fall shaitels in crownheight

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:59 pm
Just read the other thread and I’m wondering the same about crown heights. Every time I walk in the street, I see more and more women with fall or super long shaitels. [Sometimes, they wear pants or jeans under a long blouse, which makes it harder to know if they are actually wearing a shaitel (It makes them look more secular or hipster).]

Where are all the women wearing regular shaitel? Did they move?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:02 pm
Not sure which Crown Heights you went to but I just got home after running a bunch of errands around the neighborhood and saw 2 people wearing falls, everyone else was wearing a full Shaitel.

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:40 pm
Super long shaitel is not a problem, stop making it one. I don't think it's the most aidel but it does the job.
Falls, really? Have never seen one.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:42 pm
trixx wrote:
Super long shaitel is not a problem, stop making it one. I don't think it's the most aidel but it does the job.

What makes you think it's not a problem?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:44 pm
Oy, who cares?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:44 pm
trixx wrote:

Super long shaitels are problematic both halachically and hashkafically.
Could it be that you don’t see falls cause they’re so well done that you’d assume the woman doesn’t wear anything? I personally work with a few women wearing ones and almost everyone new to the office assume they’re single or not covering.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:16 pm
Maybe they’re BT who don’t wanna completely give up the style of dress they wore when not frum?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:49 pm
This is not the way of the Rebbe.either keep your comments to yourself or try to change things in a positive way.Not looking down.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just read the other thread and I’m wondering the same about crown heights. Every time I walk in the street, I see more and more women with fall or super long shaitels. [Sometimes, they wear pants or jeans under a long blouse, which makes it harder to know if they are actually wearing a shaitel (It makes them look more secular or hipster).]

Where are all the women wearing regular shaitel? Did they move?

Just reading this thread and I'm wondering about our communities. More and more women are being judgmental of one other, and are so quick to criticize & put down others.

Where are all the women who love, accept and find the good in other people & are a joy to be around with?. Have they moved?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:05 pm
Guys come on.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:07 pm
What is wrong with a fall?

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Super long shaitels are problematic both halachically and hashkafically.
Could it be that you don’t see falls cause they’re so well done that you’d assume the woman doesn’t wear anything? I personally work with a few women wearing ones and almost everyone new to the office assume they’re single or not covering.

They are problematic according to YOUR standards/hashkafa. Your rav doesn't pasken for everyone.

amother [ Gray ] wrote:
This is not the way of the Rebbe.either keep your comments to yourself or try to change things in a positive way.Not looking down.

What Rebbe? Chabad I assume? Ok, so its not his way. What does that have to do with anyone else? He does not set the halacha or hashkafa for everyone.

The way of the Rebbe was also to welcome everyone. Nu?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:24 pm
watergirl wrote:
What Rebbe? Chabad I assume? Ok, so its not his way. What does that have to do with anyone else? He does not set the halacha or hashkafa for everyone.

The way of the Rebbe was also to welcome everyone. Nu?

She meant that this thread is not in the spirit of the Rebbe's teachings.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:27 pm
Pass the popcorn Hurry up

Without butter I'm fleishigs

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:42 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
She meant that this thread is not in the spirit of the Rebbe's teachings.

Thank you. I am so glad I was wrong!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries