Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kitchen Designer/space planner in Monsey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:56 pm
Hi,

I may possibly be redoing my (very old, falling apart) kitchen this summer iyh. Located in Monsey, any recommendations and ideas? Is a designer really necessary or do these kitchen places have their own space ideas? Getting conflicting info so all details welcome!

Also, I'm not into the 'latest' in general but feel like if I'm spending so much money I do want it to look 'up to date', any ideas for that? Is the white/grey look going out?
Just don't want to feel like my kitchen looks 'outdated' in a year or two!

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:00 pm
I've worked at Ultimate Kitchens many years ago. They have a kitchen designer by the name of Kenneth Wooten (Kenny) he is very experienced in kitchen design and has been doing it for over two decades. He would be the one I'd recommend at that place. That's where I got my kitchen a few years ago. I was going cheap on a budget and he worked accordingly. He can do the most up to date as well. He knows his stuff.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:17 pm
We shopped my kitchen around and used Rachel Gross from dynamic kitchens. She knows kosher kitchens being a Jewish mama herself. We also looked into ultimate kitchens, but I didn't get the vibe I wanted there, and DH didn't get his pricing. I didn't feel like my kitchen was personalized for me there.

I wanted something that flowed with the rest of the house. Rachel helped me with the rooms off the kitchen. She had brilliant ideas for how things should flow.

She is also a member here. She's one of us.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:19 pm
Thank you! Would I be able to get 'free consultations' from both of those places?

Anyone with experience from Prokitchens?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Would I be able to get 'free consultations' from both of those places?

Anyone with experience from Prokitchens?

Yes. Ultimate does a free consult.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:23 pm
Currently planning my kitchen with kitchen pro. Happy with the time and attention he is giving me for a mid priced kitchen. He’s won design awards btw

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:48 pm
White and gold is currently very in style.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:49 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
White and gold is currently very in style.

Gold doesn't hold up.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:08 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I've worked at Ultimate Kitchens many years ago. They have a kitchen designer by the name of Kenneth Wooten (Kenny) he is very experienced in kitchen design and has been doing it for over two decades. He would be the one I'd recommend at that place. That's where I got my kitchen a few years ago. I was going cheap on a budget and he worked accordingly. He can do the most up to date as well. He knows his stuff.

I used Kenny for my kitchen and I am EXTREMELY unhappy. I would not recommend anyone I know to ultimate.

Many ppl I know used Chaya Friedman and had great experiences.

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:11 pm
Rachel Gross is fantastic! her work is smart, functional, and beautiful.

Lita

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 1:57 pm
Can someone please post Rachel Gross contact number? Ty

Ruchy

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 2:09 pm
We aren't done but mr. Azrylowitz from kitchen pro is a really nice person and knows his stuff. It was a very pleasant experience dealing with them.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 7:03 pm
Rachel Gross @ Dynamic Kitchens (845) 388-1660

simba

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:21 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
Rachel Gross is fantastic! her work is smart, functional, and beautiful.

This. I shopped around a lot and don't even live in Monsey but still used this vendor as she really had it all.

Lita

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 9:10 pm
Thank you amother Green.

guest2

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 9:21 pm
Kitchenco

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 10:05 pm
As the saying goes, G-d helps those who help themselves.

The best kitchen will be achieved as a collaboration between you and your designer. Only you know exactly how you want your kitchen to function and presumably your heart beats when you look at certain kitchens because the style speaks to you.

A great designer will help you realize your style and functional needs better than you would yourself but you have to communicate and not just think the designer will do it for you without your input.

You should take time to look at pictures of kitchens that you like and save them to a folder on your computer.

You can also look at different aspects of a kitchen that you might not have thought of for storage or other stuff. I spent a lot of time looking on the internet and on houzz.com reading about kitchens before I met with my designer.

Some things I would never have known existed

An oven that opens to the side instead of the bottom so I can stand in front of it instead of to the side

Toe kick step "stool" so that I don't have to drag out a step stool to reach the top shelve

The extreme preferability of deep bottom drawers in kitchen versus cabinets with doors

A sink with a drain to the left and rear - not in the middle so I could fit a garbage disposal AND a roll out trash container in my sink

Rollouts where I do have some cabinet doors

There are many more but these just are from the top of my head. I love my new kitchen and it was a true collaboration with my designer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries