Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Imperforate hyman

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:25 pm
Anyone experience with an imperforate Hyman in 17 yr old girl?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:10 pm
I had one - but it was discovered at birth and taken care of when I was in 3rd grade. Very minor procedure, and now just an interesting footnote in my medical history. But I'd expect 8 years and old and 17 are a bit different...

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:28 pm
Not 17, but 13. Make sure you have proper follow up so that scar tissue doesn't necessitate having the surgery a second time.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:51 pm
Experienced this with a newly married daughter. She needed surgery and several weeks of recovery after that. Try to take care of it right away if you can.

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:17 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I had one - but it was discovered at birth and taken care of when I was in 3rd grade. Very minor procedure, and now just an interesting footnote in my medical history. But I'd expect 8 years and old and 17 are a bit different...

I'm just wondering, how is that discovered in a baby? And also, as a child? Teen?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:25 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Experienced this with a newly married daughter. She needed surgery and several weeks of recovery after that. Try to take care of it right away if you can.

How wasn't that discovered earlier?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:35 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
I'm just wondering, how is that discovered in a baby? And also, as a child? Teen?

No clue. I just know my experience.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:48 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
How wasn't that discovered earlier?

When should it have been discovered earlier? She had no issues with menustration.

kosher1

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 9:04 pm
If she had no issue with menstruation then it was partially perforated and thus the blood was able to come out. My daughter never had her period, she has terrible stomach pain and huge belly like a 4 month pregnant stomach. Anybody heard of Dr heather applebaum? She is a pediatric gynecologist. Or any other suggestions? This requires surgery and drainage of all the accumulated blood. She will iyh be fine.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 9:12 pm
Pediatrician never mentioned anything? Mine gave me a cream to use. It thinned the area and it opened but it kept on closing. Was thinking to talk to him to find out at what age to take care of it.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 9:20 pm
kosher1 wrote:
If she had no issue with menstruation then it was partially perforated and thus the blood was able to come out. My daughter never had her period, she has terrible stomach pain and huge belly like a 4 month pregnant stomach. Anybody heard of Dr heather applebaum? She is a pediatric gynecologist. Or any other suggestions? This requires surgery and drainage of all the accumulated blood. She will iyh be fine.

Poor girl. Refuah Shleimah..
I'm wondering if pediatrician can check for such an issue earlier on. Why wait for these problems to deal with it later?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 9:58 pm
blessedjmom wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....hymen
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics