Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Oral surgeon recomendations Lakewood NJ or surrounding areas

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:48 pm
hi all!!! Im urgently looking for an oral surgeon recomendation. My son will not open his mouth for any dentist and now his teeth rotted...one of his teeth just got infected because they believe some fragment must have remained..and dentist said needs to be under general anesthesia by an oral surgeon in order to remove fragment....as he would not open mouth no matter what we tried....anyonr know any leads..I am in Lakewood NJ but am open to traveling. Thanks so much!

oneofakind

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:51 pm
Dr. R. Gaines, Lakewood. Dr. Elbaum Jackson. Both very good. If it doesn't work out I know one in Brick but have to dig up his name and number.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:52 pm
We used Dr elbaum by brewers bridge road to pull a tooth. They were very good w kids and take Jersey care

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:01 pm
Thanks so much for responding. One thing I forgot to mention is I am not on jersey care..I have private health insurance which has no dental. So this is self pay...I had gotten the name dr elbaum however it will cost me close to 800 dollars !!!!!!!!! They said its 90 just for consultation..225 for first 15 min of anethesaih..and 190 for second 15 min in addition to having to pay 200 to extract the tooth.....and if it take longer I am really in trouble...so I need someone cheaper or maybe anyone knows perhaps uhp or some otber dental plan that I could go on to make it cheaper...thanks so so much.

ddmom

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:10 pm
Call uhp!
I believe dr elbaum's office take it and at least you wont be paying full price!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:30 pm
Thanks for your recomendation of dr ghaines. I never heard of him...were u happy with him? What was your experience with him?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:04 pm
Anyone have any other recomendations? I will call dr ghaines in the morning but would love to have other recomendations also to be able to compare pricing and expertee? Thanks so much!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:46 am
I had my daughters tooth pulled at Dr. Elbaum. It was 220 dollars. She told me that he wasnt going to charge me for anesthesia but I think that was because I paid 90 by my first visit where she wouldnt open her mouth.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 8:20 pm
Another vote for Elbaum. But yes he's a fortune!
I would think though that any good oral surgeon who comes with a lot of experience and good recommendations will be expensive!
Good luck!

oneofakind

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:35 pm
My regular medical insurance paid when my DD's wisdom teeth were extracted under anesthesia. Find out.

curiousima

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 11:27 pm
Try Dr. Keith Lustman, the best . He has an office in Manhattan and also has a practice in NJ and might come there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:51 am
Op here...coming back to update. Ending up using dr elbaums office and saw dr stienly there. He was really amazing. Told nurse the situation before the dr entered and she said can speak to dr before he walks in the room. Spoke to him and said can do general anesthesia and will only charge for the extractions ...he said just wants yo meet son first...he came in with no dental tools or the likes and told son u dont like pain...I dont either...spoke about it for a few minutes pretending he is just a dr and not a dentist...then said can u just point to pain..lo and behold he opened his mouth and oral surgeon got good view of issue without him realizing he was opening his mouth for a dentist. I highly recomend him if anyone has a similiar situation with their child..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:52 am
Just wanted to add that saw dr stienly in dr elbaums freehold nj office and not the jackson nj office as they were much nicer over the phone there so figured have a better shot there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries