Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How is BYBP doing nowadays

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:57 pm
A few years ago I remember BYBP was having a financial crisis and spoke about possibly shutting down. I'm considering sending there and I was wondering if it's considered stable now and how it's doing in general since the change over in administration.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:00 pm
BH great. Been a parent here for 10 years.a

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:19 pm
Everyone who sends there is very happy!

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A few years ago I remember BYBP was having a financial crisis and spoke about possibly shutting down. I'm considering sending there and I was wondering if it's considered stable now and how it's doing in general since the change over in administration.

That was about ten years ago. They brought in a new administrator and changed how they operate. BH they're doing very well.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:26 pm
It’s a good stable school.

I have 3 daughters who graduated from that school (so far).

I have had a few bad experiences with a few teachers and dislike two of the principals there but overall it’s been positive.

My biggest grievance with the school is how they have joined the race for trying to outfrum other schools.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 5:56 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

My biggest grievance with the school is how they have joined the race for trying to outfrum other schools.

Joined the race? They're the leaders, among Brooklyn BY schools.

The school is pretty stable and is run very well for its size.

bsy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:22 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Joined the race? They're the leaders, among Brooklyn BY schools.

The school is pretty stable and is run very well for its size.

Where do you see BYBP trying to outfrum other schools?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:24 pm
bsy wrote:
Where do you see BYBP trying to outfrum other schools?

They have changed tznius rules within the past few years.
Tights in 4th grade instead of 6th grade etc...

bsy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:26 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
They have changed tznius rules within the past few years.
Tights in 4th grade instead of 6th grade etc...

Anything else? Or just tights?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:28 pm
bsy wrote:
Anything else? Or just tights?

Also, tznius rules that used to begin in 1st grade now begin in Pre 1A.
General guidelines, nail polish etc are much stricter now than when I was a student there.

As a current parent, I'm actually very happy with the shift to the right, but I'm just pointing out that what the PP wrote is accurate. There definitely has been a shift .

bsy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:31 pm
Its so interesting to hear that. I was recently in the school and was pretty disappointed with the tznius standards I saw....pre 1 a rules were always covered elbows and knees. Not sure what was added recently...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 6:44 pm
bsy wrote:
Its so interesting to hear that. I was recently in the school and was pretty disappointed with the tznius standards I saw....pre 1 a rules were always covered elbows and knees. Not sure what was added recently...

What did you see that disappointed you?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:02 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Also, tznius rules that used to begin in 1st grade now begin in Pre 1A.
General guidelines, nail polish etc are much stricter now than when I was a student there.

As a current parent, I'm actually very happy with the shift to the right, but I'm just pointing out that what the PP wrote is accurate. There definitely has been a shift .

It's more the obsession with tznius that bother me.

I wish they would focus more on instilling a love of yiddishkeit in the girls than making it all about more and more tznius rules.

The teachers checking the girls's skirt lengths and humiliating them by sending them to the office to change their skirts.

Being woken up one morning by a call from a principal rebuking me about my daughter wearing a short skirt one day when I was in the beginning of a pregnancy, even washing laundry was a difficult task, no money for cleaning help, and I hadn't noticed that my daughter had no clean uniform skirts and so she took one out of the closet from the prior year.

Receiving a phone call from one of the main BY principals wih a lecture that someone observed my 8th grade daughter in the ice cream store texting on a cell phone and reported it to the school.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:06 pm
I work there. We bh get paid on time.

As for tznius rules
Girls were coming with very short socks and skirts, and sleeves and that’s why they changed some rules.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 7:11 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
It's more the obsession with tznius that bother me.

I wish they would focus more on instilling a love of yiddishkeit in the girls than making it all about more and more tznius rules.

The teachers checking the girls's skirt lengths and humiliating them by sending them to the office to change their skirts.

Being woken up one morning by a call from a principal rebuking me about my daughter wearing a short skirt one day when I was in the beginning of a pregnancy, even washing laundry was a difficult task, no money for cleaning help, and I hadn't noticed that my daughter had no clean uniform skirts and so she took one out of the closet from the prior year.

Receiving a phone call from one of the main BY principals wih a lecture that someone observed my 8th grade daughter texting on a cell phone and reported it to the school.

All this!!
Did you see the 8yh graders' tznius booklet? So out of touch with reality. But that's tri state BY system for you

bsy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 11:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What did you see that disappointed you?

Skirts were very short. Many not even covering the knees of older girls. Pre 1 a girls in mini skirts. I felt like the school rules of covering knees and elbows are not so extreme that 6 year old girls have to wear skirts that barely cover their underwear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics