Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Which Boys Camp: Vien or Stolin? Camp Yeshiva?
Previous  1  2

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 5:53 pm
There were quite a few boys from Lakewood in Vien last summer although I don’t know from which Yeshiva.

And I suggest you apply ASAP bec it is difficult to get in.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 10:52 am
amother wrote:
The camp director that Vien had 2 yrs ago is a molester. How I know? First hand Crying

Was, or still is? Did they remove him or did they sweep it under the rug? That would be relevant to someone deciding whether to send there or not.

Also if he's now working somewhere else with access to children that would also be worth publicizing.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:04 am
imasoftov wrote:
Was, or still is? Did they remove him or did they sweep it under the rug? That would be relevant to someone deciding whether to send there or not.

Also if he's now working somewhere else with access to children that would also be worth publicizing.

Works in a BP kindergarten.
IDk if he still does vien.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:26 am
Another Stolin sender, curious to hear about scary stories with counselors. The rebbe recently insisted that they go with married counselors so that is what they do now. I wonder if it's because of the stories?
If you want to send to Stolin- apply today! It's not that hard to get in but it IS first come first serve. Also make sure to get all your paperwork in on time including the rebbes' phone numbers because they follow up on every single kid before they let him in.
Very happy in Stolin, especially because if you have an issue, any issue, it gets dealt with right away. This is the same in camp and yeshiva and it is a huge ma'ala

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:46 am
My understanding Vien camp does not play ball. Correct me if I’m wrong.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
My understanding Vien camp does not play ball. Correct me if I’m wrong.

They do play ball, I know firsthand

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
Another Stolin sender, curious to hear about scary stories with counselors. The rebbe recently insisted that they go with married counselors so that is what they do now. I wonder if it's because of the stories?
If you want to send to Stolin- apply today! It's not that hard to get in but it IS first come first serve. Also make sure to get all your paperwork in on time including the rebbes' phone numbers because they follow up on every single kid before they let him in.
Very happy in Stolin, especially because if you have an issue, any issue, it gets dealt with right away. This is the same in camp and yeshiva and it is a huge ma'ala

Can you please post the number to request an application for Stolin? Thanks.

rim

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:28 pm
My son is in vien camp. Loves it! They have a great program. I haven't heard of any molesting. Are you sure your info is accurate? If yes I hope they removed that person from the camp. They do play ball but not as in the sports like basketball for an activity, though they have courts so at free time they can play. My son takes his own basketball to camp to play.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:37 pm
Idk if he molested boys in camp. He molested me.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
Works in a BP kindergarten.
IDk if he still does vien.

What can we do to get him out of there and not just to find someplace else where he will have access to potential victims?

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
Idk if he molested boys in camp. He molested me.

Was there a thread about him a while ago?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 1:57 pm
amother wrote:
(Anon because I've been asking around.)

Pros and cons...please help me make up my mind and please share any info you have on either of the two camps.

DS will be 13. He is a serious learner bh but also loves sports and activities so I think he'll do well in either one and I really want to give him the best summer ever. It's his only year in a real sleepaway camp because after this he'll be in mesivta. He went to Krasna and Munkatch as a day camper several years ago and had a great time. Although some of the boys in his class were there for sleepaway, I was there often enough to know that I don't want him going there for sleepaway camp.

In Vien the crowd is more chassidish than we are, I think. Stolin is more our type and lots of Lakewood boys our type go there but ds is in a chassidish cheder so he'll fit in either camp, I think. I can't seem to get a handle on the chassidish crowd in Vien, more with-it? How chassidish? I know it changed a lot since I was a kid.

One major concern is finances. Stolin is significantly more expensive. If he goes to Vien we can swing an entire summer but Stolin we can only do half a summer. He has cheder for most of first half anyway so I'm not worried about keeping him busy when he's not in camp. The question is: a full summer in Vien where I don't know much about the crowd (and what he'll be exposed to?) or a half summer in Stolin for the same $ (more our type but no guarantees, obviously). The mother of a very chassidish boy in his class told me her nephew went to Stolin and he is a problematic child so they must accept everyone and therefore I should stay away. I don't quite know what to make of that since we are hearing the opposite from so many people.

I really want what's best for him and I know money shouldn't be a factor in chinuch and all that but it is something to think about. Also, in Vien we have pull so he's already been accepted. Stolin I heard is hard to get into but I see no reason he shouldn't get in, provided we apply in time. There's also a non-refundable deposit at both places if we change our minds.

We also heard that Stolin has a reputation for being the most fun camp and we really want to give him a good time but the question is how much more fun than Vien and is it worth the $? Should the crowd matter that much? What type of kids go to Vien?

One last thing: Someone mentioned Camp Yeshiva (Chasan Sofer's camp) but we know nothing about it. If you have any info please post.

Thanks for your input.

I had 3 differentkids in all these camps. Vien is very chassidish. They have fun and do alot but you cant compare it to camp yeshiva or stolin. Csmp yeshiva is a bit less chassidish. Most of the boys there are heimish with a sprinkling of chassidish boys. They have a BLAST!!! stolin is a great camp. They did also become a bit more chassidish past few yrs but its still a great camp. 3 different kids and 3 different worlds!!!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 2:11 pm
cnc wrote:
Was there a thread about him a while ago?

Yes

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
I had 3 differentkids in all these camps. Vien is very chassidish. They have fun and do alot but you cant compare it to camp yeshiva or stolin. Csmp yeshiva is a bit less chassidish. Most of the boys there are heimish with a sprinkling of chassidish boys. They have a BLAST!!! stolin is a great camp. They did also become a bit more chassidish past few yrs but its still a great camp. 3 different kids and 3 different worlds!!!

Can you please post the phone number for Stolin? Thanks!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:43 pm
Register@cksny.com

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 5:13 am
amother wrote:
Yes

So that's it!? There was a thread about this abuser, no way to find it? Was something done or is he still in a position to continue his crimes?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:23 pm
Is there still a possibility to get into Camp Yeshiva for second half of this year?
How much does Camp Yeshiva cost per half?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 12:42 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
He went to Krasna and Munkatch as a day camper several years ago and had a great time. Although some of the boys in his class were there for sleepaway, I was there often enough to know that I don't want him going there for sleepaway camp.

I know this is an old thread but OP can you explain?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics