Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
The Infant Car Seat Dilemma

BLG613

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:24 pm
Expecting #3 iy"H!

Question is... what car seat?

Doonas are obviously very popular but super expensive and don't seem to be such a great option for going out with baby? No basket, carseat most likely won't fit in grocery cart (and if it does I won't have any room for the groceries!) and it looks so heavy!! How do mothers put in the car when their babies are older (10-11 months) and getting heavy themselves??

I'm due before yomim tovim so not sure if it makes sense to purchase this going into colder weather/winter?

I also have an Uppababy.. was considering getting a compatible car seat..

Looking for any and all tips/reviews/comments for infant carseats when it's not your first!

TIA!

r1

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:28 pm
BLG613 wrote:
Expecting #3 iy"H!

Question is... what car seat?

Doonas are obviously very popular but super expensive and don't seem to be such a great option for going out with baby? No basket, carseat most likely won't fit in grocery cart (and if it does I won't have any room for the groceries!) and it looks so heavy!! How do mothers put in the car when their babies are older (10-11 months) and getting heavy themselves??

I'm due before yomim tovim so not sure if it makes sense to purchase this going into colder weather/winter?

I also have an Uppababy.. was considering getting a compatible car seat..

Looking for any and all tips/reviews/comments for infant carseats when it's not your first!

TIA!

My friends with the uppa all have the compatible car seat- no adapters! I thinks that’s ur ideal option honestly

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:33 pm
I have my 3rd kid using the uppababy car seat and its been fantastic. Easy to install in your car and easy to use with the stroller.

BLG613

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:49 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have my 3rd kid using the uppababy car seat and its been fantastic. Easy to install in your car and easy to use with the stroller.

The Mesa?

Whenever I look up reviews it looks like people complain that car seat has non-breathable material and is very uncomfortable/sweaty for babies?

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:57 pm
Bshaa tova!
I love the nuna. I got the cybex (#1 safest carseat) to match my stroller, but it was too heavy. So I got a nuna instead.

veiznisht

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:06 pm
I've got the Mesa. Love it. Super easy to install in car. Haven't noticed any discomfort and my baby runs on warmer side.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics