Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Community in Passaic - are there any young yeshivish

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 1:51 pm
We are from Cleveland and are somewhat yeshivish type currently in Lakewood. We miss living in a more openminded and I guess I would say diverse community but still would want there to be some yeshivish as well. We need to stay tri-state for our jobs.

Can anyone give any information or input if passaic is for us?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:03 pm
Is your dh learning now? If so, where?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:37 pm
Passaic definitely has a nice, diverse mix, with a healthy yeshivish element as well. You could also look into Edison, which is a little more diverse and a little less yeshivish.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:39 pm
There are several kollels in Passaic and in addition to the families currently in kollel many families stay in Passaic once the husbands start working. There are also yeshivish families that learned elsewhere and then moved to Passaic. There are several shuls that cater to that type of crowd.

Riffy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are from Cleveland and are somewhat yeshivish type currently in Lakewood. We miss living in a more openminded and I guess I would say diverse community but still would want there to be some yeshivish as well. We need to stay tri-state for our jobs.

Can anyone give any information or input if passaic is for us?

PM me for info on Edison/ Highland Park

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:21 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
There are several kollels in Passaic and in addition to the families currently in kollel many families stay in Passaic once the husbands start working. There are also yeshivish families that learned elsewhere and then moved to Passaic. There are several shuls that cater to that type of crowd.

Do you know any names of any of the neighborhoods like this ? Or any names of the Shuls?

Thank u

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 4:22 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Is your dh learning now? If so, where?

He learns part time in BMG but also is an accountant

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know any names of any of the neighborhoods like this ? Or any names of the Shuls?

Thank u

There isn't one specific area where yeshivish families live. A lot are on 'the other side of main' because the houses are cheaper but there are many families all over town. The shuls that come to mind are Alumni, Rabbi Berkowitz and BTU but there are definitely others I'm not thinking of and there are always new ones popping up.
Miriam Lebovits (Dwell Realty) is an excellent realtor who really knows the neighborhood. That's who we used for our house but we were already living here and had a shul.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating