Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Will most Anti-Vax parents vaccinate or homeschool?
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 2:34 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
How do you know these people didn't get the MMR but nothing else. As per someone who works there, anyone who was at all behind wasnt allowed in. It was not about the measles.

Being that monsey was pretty much affected by the measles outbreak due to too many anti vaxers in the area, they want to take drastic steps to ensure it gets under control. That's how I see it. Or if they get pressured by the cdc.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:25 pm
yksraya wrote:
Being that monsey was pretty much affected by the measles outbreak due to too many anti vaxers in the area, they want to take drastic steps to ensure it gets under control. That's how I see it. Or if they get pressured by the cdc.

That's ok; they're entitled. But the way they did this (from one day to the next on the last week of school when it's not legally mandated) was pure rishus.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 3:34 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
That's ok; they're entitled. But the way they did this (from one day to the next on the last week of school when it's not legally mandated) was pure rishus.

They were done fighting the DOH was down there backs the parents ignored and sent there kids to school when they were told not to. And this was a statement for day amp also the mothers all got notices why didn’t they keep there kids home. Satmar has outbreaks that’s why they needed to do this it’s the law

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:45 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
They were done fighting the DOH was down there backs the parents ignored and sent there kids to school when they were told not to. And this was a statement for day amp also the mothers all got notices why didn’t they keep there kids home. Satmar has outbreaks that’s why they needed to do this it’s the law

how about they took grants from the government to hire a secretary to keep the records updated and they never did and had messed up records and got pressure and did an absolute insanely crazy thing that was never done in HISTORY of Jewish institutions, for WHICHEVER reason
and get your facts cuz this aint no law. we wont against Ed Day's demand of keeping kids out of school and the new law hasn't gone into effect yet

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:46 pm
if we wanna discuss crazy people and institutions I am sure both sides have got plenty to offer. but that's not part of science. that's just emotions.

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:47 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
how about they took grants from the government to hire a secretary to keep the records updated and they never did and had messed up records and got pressure and did an absolute insanely crazy thing that was never done in HISTORY of Jewish institutions, for WHICHEVER reason
and get your facts cuz this aint no law. we wont against Ed Day's demand of keeping kids out of school and the new law hasn't gone into effect yet

My niece in satmar monsey has 2 classmates that have been absent for months due to lack of vaccinations so I'm not sure if this was new or not.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:51 pm
don't think that it helped one iota please. most people I spoke to copied the pass or came later

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 5:53 pm
nchr wrote:
My niece in satmar monsey has 2 classmates that have been absent for months due to lack of vaccinations so I'm not sure if this was new or not.

at this point, all unvaccinated children in both satmars, and I know a lot, have been back in school for a while already

whewpy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:21 pm
They sent home a very clear letter telling all parents that each child must have an admission card in order to get into the building. They specifically stated a guard would be standing at the door and will make no exceptions. They clearly wrote that all parents with children without admission cards , should NOT send their kids because it will not be pleasant. So, pray tell, why did the parents put their kids through this???

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:44 pm
whewpy wrote:
They sent home a very clear letter telling all parents that each child must have an admission card in order to get into the building. They specifically stated a guard would be standing at the door and will make no exceptions. They clearly wrote that all parents with children without admission cards , should NOT send their kids because it will not be pleasant. So, pray tell, why did the parents put their kids through this???

Admission cards could also be dependent upon tuition.

whewpy

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:09 pm
It specifically stated that admission cards will be given only to those chilren that the school has received proof of immunity. They write that "if you send ur child to school/yeshiva without an admission card, ur child will stay outside on the street. The security guard will strongly enforce this". So every parent definitely got notice that this would happen and didn't care if they traumatized their own child so they can prove something ????not sure what??? To the yeshiva

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:19 pm
The parents were definitely wrong in sending their kids when they had warning not to. Doesn't condone the actions of the school. Not one bit.

cbsp

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:46 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
it's only a matter of time until the law is passed in NJ. they usually follow NY on these things. it's a pity for greenmeadows to leave their beautiful campus here.
one of the moms there told me that 45% are unvaccinated, so it would make sense if they wanna keep their school open.
just curious, how come they didn't have a measles outbreak in that school?

I thought this was a fascinating article about that school (and it was pretty balanced when it referenced the "hasidic" community)

http://nymag.com/intelligencer......html

(warning: may contain offensive lingo)

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:04 am
if the law is not repealed, I will be doing a homeschooling co-op.

no one will ever force me to I next my kids. if I want to, it will be my decision.
and my decision now is that the risks outway the benefits, so I will not vaxx.
oh, and did you see the catch up schedule??

would you pro vaxxers ever do such a schedule ?
you need one of each shot by June 28 (a week from now) , so that's how many shots in one week? I cant count.
and all the boosters done by June 2020, which comes out to about about another shot every month (pre schedules with your doctor, and handed in upon registration)
otherwise, you cant go to school.

with such a crazy catch up schedule, even ppl willing to hahavhahave consider it, I cant see how.
or , we will just have a whole lot more vaccine Injury with all that amount of toxins at one time.

what this Country has come to is sad.

before you know it they will be closing down mikvah, banning shechita and mila, in the name of public health.

what will you all do then?
move to a new country that truelly gives religious freedom? if that will still exist.
the non jews succeeded, divide us in order to concor us.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:08 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

I would love resources on this as it is also something I'd love to do. How can I find out more about it?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:35 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

no one will ever force me to I next my kids. if I want to, it will be my decision.
and my decision now is that the risks outway the benefits, so I will not vaxx.
oh, and did you see the catch up schedule??

would you pro vaxxers ever do such a schedule ?
you need one of each shot by June 28 (a week from now) , so that's how many shots in one week? I cant count.
and all the boosters done by June 2020, which comes out to about about another shot every month (pre schedules with your doctor, and handed in upon registration)
otherwise, you cant go to school.

with such a crazy catch up schedule, even ppl willing to hahavhahave consider it, I cant see how.
or , we will just have a whole lot more vaccine Injury with all that amount of toxins at one time.

what this Country has come to is sad.

before you know it they will be closing down mikvah, banning shechita and mila, in the name of public health.

what will you all do then?
move to a new country that truelly gives religious freedom? if that will still exist.
the non jews succeeded, divide us in order to concor us.

While I agree that there are those in society who wouldn't mind locking up our religious rights, I also feel that in many ways, we handed them the keys.
BH, our community has grown and prospered to the point that we no longer fly under the radar so if our behavior infringes on someone else's rights and freedoms, we should expect them to come after ours.
What percentage of the non-Jewish or non-frum population want their babies and other vulnerable family members to catch measles?
Do you expect them to value your religious rights over their safety?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:07 am
southernbubby wrote:
While I agree that there are those in society who wouldn't mind locking up our religious rights, I also feel that in many ways, we handed them the keys.
BH, our community has grown and prospered to the point that we no longer fly under the radar so if our behavior infringes on someone else's rights and freedoms, we should expect them to come after ours.
What percentage of the non-Jewish or non-frum population want their babies and other vulnerable family members to catch measles?
Do you expect them to value your religious rights over their safety?

You're not serious here? Are you? Do you know how many non-Jewish anti-vaxxers there are? Who prefer measles to shots? Or even would give the MMR during an outbreak but still don't want to vaccinate the rest? Do you know that Jewish non-vaxxers are actually a tiny minority of non-vaxxers in the state?
When I said naive on the other thread, whoa! This really highlights it!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:17 am
Like it or not, Jews stand out. And are held to a certain standard that other groups are not. This is a fact. Look at the way Israel is scrutinized while oppressive regimes elsewhere are barely noticed. So yes, non vaxxers in the Jewish community will be noticed, highlighted and blamed for outbreaks while others skate away unnoticed.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:43 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
You're not serious here? Are you? Do you know how many non-Jewish anti-vaxxers there are? Who prefer measles to shots? Or even would give the MMR during an outbreak but still don't want to vaccinate the rest? Do you know that Jewish non-vaxxers are actually a tiny minority of non-vaxxers in the state?
When I said naive on the other thread, whoa! This really highlights it!

It's not naive to say that the epicenter of the outbreak is the frum community and that many people blame the frum Jews.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:59 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Chayalle, I’m curious - what differences did your mother notice in a day old infant with Aspergers?

I don't know, I was about 10 years old at the time and I remember her saying right from the beginning that something about him is different than all of her previous children. My father says he didn't see anything, but she kept saying something was different. She grieved for that right from the start.

I heard it from her other times after that, and I never questioned her.

I always just chalked it up to mother's intuition. She saw something different.

As for myself, I didn't see anything different as a child. He was a beautiful, cute baby with big blue eyes and, eventually, a head of blond curls.

He was delayed in certain milestones, more than the other children. I know he gave my mother a hard time with eating. He was speech-delayed (I remember she took him for hearing tests.) And wouldn't toilet-train on schedule.

All of this before he was ever vaccinated.
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics